Can I rename parameters/knobs in MSF/Mxxx?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I'm trying to build my own device in mxxx and in MSF. Is there any way to change the name of a knob or parameter or a list of parameters I switch between?

Like models of a guitar, or models of an amp.

Like so the presets I switch through are properly named ?

You can change the knob names in the MP Editor, and the parameter names if you assign them to bank steps. I believe you can only otherwise select between types of parameters, including By First parameter which uses the existing names/values, or by per cents, etc...

You can see most of what you ask about in the first quarter or so of this recent video, which is the best thing yet produced on Device building in MSF, worth watching all of it:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSeIL2DOGCM

Dang! So not 100% customizable...hmm....that's too bad. Maybe melda can impliment that someday
David wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:22 am You can change the knob names in the MP Editor, and the parameter names if you assign them to bank steps. I believe you can only otherwise select between types of parameters, including By First parameter which uses the existing names/values, or by per cents, etc...

You can see most of what you ask about in the first quarter or so of this recent video, which is the best thing yet produced on Device building in MSF, worth watching all of it:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSeIL2DOGCM

First I would suggest to not open very similar threads at once. It feels like spaming and is not nice. Maybe it even is against the forum rules, don't know.

Underoath77 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:06 am Dang! So not 100% customizable...hmm....that's too bad. Maybe melda can impliment that someday
What exactly do you understand as 100% cusomizable? You already can customize the multiparameter in nearly every possible way. :?: So what exactly are you missing?
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Sry first off. Secondly being able to xhange the names of parameters is my wish. Change tone to "guitar tone" or what not.
Tagirijus wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:09 am First I would suggest to not open very similar threads at once. It feels like spaming and is not nice. Maybe it even is against the forum rules, don't know.

Underoath77 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:06 am Dang! So not 100% customizable...hmm....that's too bad. Maybe melda can impliment that someday
What exactly do you understand as 100% cusomizable? You already can customize the multiparameter in nearly every possible way. :?: So what exactly are you missing?

If you want to have a knob name that changes, "Guitar A Tone", "Guitar B Tone", "Guitar C Tone", then no.

But you can have any of these (using Banks mode)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Can some else explain this to me? I truly do not get what Underoath77 wants. You can already name the multiparameter. What am I missing here? :D
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Darkstar answered it.

Thank you so much
Tagirijus wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:36 am Can some else explain this to me? I truly do not get what Underoath77 wants. You can already name the multiparameter. What am I missing here? :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”