MSF patches with notes ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will there be a place in a MSF patch to write a few short lines of text that goes along a patch ? Like modulation notes, some interesting parameters to tweak, etc...

There is FX>Utility>Notepad, but its pretty buried... would be nice to have a place to have notes and tags at the top level.

+1

I do use the Notepad plugin from time to time on sessions, mostly on the master track, for todo things. Haven't thought of looking for it within the MSF plugins, so yes indeed, it's pretty much buried. It would be much more user friendly to have a place at the top level. Would be useful for patches/instrument/device creators to indicate to the users (like me) what modulation option exists, what would be interesting parameters to tweak, the name of related patches of a same sound set, etc...

mevla wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:27 am Will there be a place in a MSF patch to write a few short lines of text that goes along a patch ? Like modulation notes, some interesting parameters to tweak, etc...
There's a really bad hack where you can use the title bars in a macro/ multiparameter. These are single line only.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

As done for MXXX:

Image >>> Big pic: https://i.imgur.com/L6sUSD9.png

The Notepad is not essential, but gives you a convenient place to jot things down, so that you can prepare some proper Info later ;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I would use the fields which are exactly for that purpose.

First there is the info text for every multiparameter, ...

01_info.jpg
... which can be accessed by the user when hovering over the control on the easy screen and pressing F1 or Ctrl+H ...

02_info_used.jpg

When creating a device, you can enter the info text here ...

03_device_info.jpg

(wait ... I have to make a second post due to KVR upload limitations!?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

... and see it when clicking the question mark on the top right ...

04_device_info_used.jpg

If you are only talking about presets, it is also possible to enter a text with the preset here ...

05_preset_info.jpg
... you can even search for words in this text, when using the preset search function. I sometimes add tag words in the preset text so that I can find specific presets later again.

Sorry for two posts, but it seems that KVR forum does not allow to upload more than three attachments? What a bummer! Hope I could help, though. :)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Looks like there's quite a documentation support already built-in ! I tried the preset information using a patch I made. I entered two sentences and replaced the existing patch. For good measure (surely not needed) I closed MSF and restarted it. I loaded the patch and then ? I see that the patch info text can be search, although how do I show the info text that was already entered for that patch ? While not accessing Edit mode if possible. What I'd be expecting is an easy way to access this information, if not already automatically displayed after loading the patch. ... And quite naturally, without having to re-edit the patch information.

In the best of worlds this would be shown while browsing patches ?

Return to “MeldaProduction”