MSF bug: MIDI assign of a MP - have to mouse click _and_ turn the knob

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1) MP -> Attach MIDI controller
2) Click on MSF knob
3) Move MIDI controller knob

Result: nothing happens (controller number registered in 'MIDI Settings' window)

4) Click with the mouse on the MSF knob
5) Move MIDI controller knob

Result: nothing happens

6) Click with the mouse on the MSF knob, AND turn the knob
7) Move MIDI controller knob

Result: Assignment is made.

Note: IMHO there should not be a need to wiggle the knob with the mouse for this to work.

So it's more like a FR than a bug, right? :) I'm not sure this will be possible to fix, but I'll check.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hmm, so change of plans, it actually works here. What OS and host are you using?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I tried it again several times, at times restarting the DAW for having a clean slate. The MIDI keyboard is an Axiom 25.

Only mouse-clicking on a MSF knob, w/o wiggling it, does not start the actual MIDI recognition of hardware MIDI messages. What it does in this case is, when wanting to assign the OSC -> SHAPE -> Shape knob:

1) Turning the mouse cursor to a vertical double headed arrow.

2) Showing the MIDI control number as various hardware controller knobs are turned. Eg.

Controller: Utility 058
Controller: Utility 059
Controller: Utility 053

3) The previously assigned MSF knob is turning with each different hardware controller knob. The same MSF knob, in this case OSC -> SHAPE -> Custom is turning when hardware knobs 058, 059 and 063 are turned. 'Custom' was previously assigned to Utility 054.

So far what I see is that a MSF knob has to be mouse-clicked and wiggled - after clicking on 'Learn' - for the MIDI learning to really start and the hardware MIDI knob to be assigned.

Following on the steps described above:

4) Clicking on OSC -> SHAPE -> Shape and wiggling that MSF knob just a tiny bit seemed to 'wake up' the recognition and only then a new hardware controller can be assigned.

The host is Bitwig 2.4.3. MPE is disabled (if it has anything to do with MIDI messages in the case, same behaviour when enabled though).

If it really has to do with the OS, then forget it as I'm running Linux (Xubuntu 18.04 LTS, wine-4.5 (Staging), linvst from git with added patch for Melda plugins circa January 2019) 8)

No need to say that MIDI works very fine in Linux, with all DAWs and plugins, native Linux and Windows-based.

Cheers.

Well I fear it can be linux indeed. Anyways please if possible make a video and send it to me via info@meldaproduction.com. I'll try to replicate your actions and we'll see. But please wait for 13.01 first just in case ;)
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”