MSF Public beta/new owners, Bug Reports

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Useful…? Let's see!

(My experience with these has been that a link to a quick screen-grab video showing the problem, sent directly to Vojtech, works really well. As do crash reports of course.)

Global oversampling beyond 1x mutes outputs 2-to-6 in the 6out version.
Can't really post a screenshot for this one but it's quite straightforward.
I wrote about it here viewtopic.php?p=7395004#p7395004

Envelopes: When you set Sustain to "Silent" the release phase pops up to -6 dB in the display. Perhaps this is by design, but it looks weird.

There is a dropdown when saving a device called "(mInstrument)" underneath the filename field. Every time you click "Save Device" that dropdown gains another (mInstrument) entry, even if you cancel the save. No idea what that dropdown is supposed to be.

The in-app manual (top level help button), under the section titled "Easy Screen vs. Edit Screen" states:
Devices are factory specified and cannot be modified directly by users, however you can still make your own and store them as normal presets. … Although your preset will not be displayed or selected in the list of available devices, the functionality will be exactly the same.
Obviously this is not currently true in the beta. All current devices are editable, and you can indeed make your own.

teilo wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:34 pm Envelopes: When you set Sustain to "Silent" the release phase pops up to -6 dB in the display. Perhaps this is by design, but it looks weird.
See:

viewtopic.php?f=138&t=523938

It seems there is a bug when loading wavetables in the Wavetable module it can't edit the different wave form, the custom and Step knobs doesn't work with imported samples and WTs; only the smooth knob is working.

Windows 10 64bits
FL studio

JunSev wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:30 am It seems there is a bug when loading wavetables in the Wavetable module it can't edit the different wave form, the custom and Step knobs doesn't work with imported samples and WTs; only the smooth knob is working.

Windows 10 64bits
FL studio
It actually does work. What is happening is the custom imported wave overrides the other controls. Inside the wave view click advanced. Now turn the custom sample depth down to 0%. Now you can go back and use the step sequencer, shape, etc.

Chandlerhimself wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:55 am
JunSev wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:30 am It seems there is a bug when loading wavetables in the Wavetable module it can't edit the different wave form, the custom and Step knobs doesn't work with imported samples and WTs; only the smooth knob is working.

Windows 10 64bits
FL studio
It actually does work. What is happening is the custom imported wave overrides the other controls. Inside the wave view click advanced. Now turn the custom sample depth down to 0%. Now you can go back and use the step sequencer, shape, etc.
Thanks for the info Chandler, well it works but that returns the custom wave imported to the normal shape (tringle, sine, rectangle, noise...), so I can't apply Custom and Step totally to the imported sample/wave form, but this gives me interesting results putting the depth in 50% and in different ways, so thanks for the tip anyways. Guess would be a feature request. :)

JunSev wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:12 pm
Chandlerhimself wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:55 am

Windows 10 64bits
FL studio
Thanks for the info Chandler, well it works but that returns the custom wave imported to the normal shape (tringle, sine, rectangle, noise...), so I can't apply Custom and Step totally to the imported sample/wave form, but this gives me interesting results putting the depth in 50% and in different ways, so thanks for the tip anyways. Guess would be a feature request. :)
I think a good feature would be to have wave import for the custom(drawn) menu. You could import a single cycle and it could be approximated with various points. from there you could manipulate how every you want.

Yeah that would be nice.

As I wrote in the other topic, this topic is a very good idea. IMpossible for me to take care..
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Is there any good reason why moving a different MIDI controller when in the MIDI Settings Panel, should UN-check the selected slot? Or any other slots for that matter?

All I'm doing in the gif is moving different controllers, then rechecking the slot.

Also: Is there a way to CLEAR/Reset the slot list?

Haha that's a good one :D. Here's the thing, look at the right side. The enables can now be attached to mod/mp/MIDI and you just attached it, then you moved the controller :D. So, don't touch the checks while learning, because it will learn it :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hmm…undocumented new features are cool, but potentially a bit confusing:) With these, I can't make heads or tails of how this is supposed to work, and see lots of inconsistent behaviors; sending you a link to a more detailed video…

This looks like a trivial oversight - the name of a Global envelope preset does not appear in the title bar like other preset names.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

Return to “MeldaProduction”