Why there is not Follower and Pitch modulation in Msoundfactory?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yeah, thank you, works like a shaman!

jmg8 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:31 am In the generator modular you can insert custom modulation source (it is available somewhere in the window where you would find OSC and filter etc). Then when modulating something choose one of the custom mods from the per voice modulation sources (this window is found when clicking on a per voice mod slot and clicking to open the list of available mod sources)
It should be fairly straight forward. But if you can not figure it out, just come back here and I will do you some step by step with screenshots. Have fun! :)
Hi to all!!!
I'm using MSoundFactory and reading the "manual" under the section Modulator Editor (p.96) they say there are "follower modulator" and "pitch modulator" but I can't find them.
I'm reading this forum and I still don't understand where to find these modulators.
Please jmg8, if you could explain with more details on how to reach them I will be grateful to you! Thank you!!!!!

federico

Well, it depends on what you need them for. Unfortunately, these are not available in MSF's modulators. But they are in MXXX.
So if you needed to use them for something in the FX modular then simply load MXXX in there. Then in MXXX's modulators, you will see two extra tabs along the top with pitch and follower there. I think the text in the manual has been copied from the other manuals and needs to be corrected, so good find :)
If you need them inside the generator modular then its still possible but in a completely different way. For a follower modulator, use the custom mod generator, these can be placed anywhere in the modular and follow its input. Then you can have this as a mod source to modulate anything else (per voice!)
As for the pitch, well there is currently no way to detect pitch from audio, however, I don't really see why you would want to anyway. The synth is already receiving the midi to tell it what notes are being played and much more accurate than a pitch detector (also polyphonically) So for this use the key scale, note or frequency mod sources.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Thank you jmg8. I understood now!!

jmg8 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:42 am As for the pitch, well there is currently no way to detect pitch from audio, however, I don't really see why you would want to anyway. The synth is already receiving the midi to tell it what notes are being played and much more accurate than a pitch detector (also polyphonically) So for this use the key scale, note or frequency mod sources.
The first things I made with mxxx was a voice follower synth, also nice to convert a flute to brass or something. I think it make sense to have this ability in msf.

I don't see how this makes sense. I understand if I have flute audio and want to make it sound like brass, then I would use MXXX for this. But if you are making something in MSF, you would just make the brass sound in the first place, right?
What am I missing? :oops:

If you've MXXX, it's no problem, you are right :). Yes, everybody shoult have MXXX, that was the biggest gift after my girlfriend! I also think that MSF doesn't have to be able to do everything that is possible with MXXX. But i'm the lucky one who already has MXXX.

Don't forget MXXX IS inside MSF. :D

So many possibilities, disgusting :P ! Okay, but a audio in pitch follower directly in msf would be straight forward and easy to setup. Well, it'll probably be in there eventually anyway, let's just wait and see what happens :D.

It's not so easy to implement. Imagine a pitch follower mod listening to the output of a sampler and then modulating the pitch of that same sampler? It would be like a feedback loop.
But it might be possible, maybe.

Yes, feedback would be possible. But it can be a global modulator, only for the direct audio input.

Return to “MeldaProduction”