Why there is not Follower and Pitch modulation in Msoundfactory?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see almost all effects has this modulation option in the modulators (Follower being my favorite), but Msoundfactory doesn't have Follower and Pitch, only Normal, Envelope and Random.

Because there would be nothing to follow :). It's an instrument, not an effect ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:54 am Because there would be nothing to follow :). It's an instrument, not an effect ;)
Ok... but what about that masive collection of effects in Msoundfactory? what if I want to apply some follower modulation in some of these particular parameters? lets say I put an EQ or reverb, or delay or whatever effect and would like to record and apply some modulation follower on it? It would be more expressive if this possibility where available with the internal effects of Msoundfactory too if where possible.

No that is not expressive already, but this has been a nice feature I would like to see in MSF.

As a workaround, you could drop MXXX in MSF's FX section, then use the effects from there, and modulate them with MXXX's mods.

Excellent, thanks for the tip jmalge. :)

MeldaProduction wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:54 am Because there would be nothing to follow :). It's an instrument, not an effect ;)
But now, with the sampler, it can be useful to follow samples envelopes :)

Well, following something in the middle of the chain is not only very difficult, but often impossible - imagine trying to follow a level of something and control the module that has already been processed with it :). Time machine doesn't exist, yet! :D Anyways that's won't happen sorry folks.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

That would give some kind of modulation feedback. If the volume is tracked and modulated at the same time, a constant tone would either become quieter or rise fast. Of course, this must be prevented.

However, sometimes you want audio-in as a modulation source to use your voice as an instrument. With MXXX i could realize that.

Sometimes wish i had an OSC or a sample as a modulation source, which could work with a follower. In Reaper this is possible with parameter modulation audio control signal.

I've tried to integrate MXXX in MSF with followers in MXXX, then MSF in MXXX with an OSC to be controlled. But the MIDI signal stops there, and the second OSC stops playing.

Have you tried to right click on the MXXX module in the modular to see if MIDI is enabled?
Another thing to try is the custom mods. I believe they follow the level of the signal going into them and then you can use that as a per voice mod for anything.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Thanks jmg8 :) . I'll try it at home. So many settings, so many windows, brilliant! I love that, really!
Where can i find the "custom mods", not sure what you mean by that. I'm still on an exciting voyage of discovery. :borg:

In the generator modular you can insert custom modulation source (it is available somewhere in the window where you would find OSC and filter etc). Then when modulating something choose one of the custom mods from the per voice modulation sources (this window is found when clicking on a per voice mod slot and clicking to open the list of available mod sources)
It should be fairly straight forward. But if you can not figure it out, just come back here and I will do you some step by step with screenshots. Have fun! :)

Understand very well. I think you mean the follower from the building blocks, I'm gonna try it out, thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

No. Follower can not be used as a mod source.
You need the latest version to find the custom mod.
Plus when you update, you will get the sampler too! :)

Okay, the problem was that i can't try it on this pc and i was looking for a screenshots in google and watched the outdated documentary. Nowhere was "custom mod" to be found. My bad! Then I'll reconstruct that later. Excuse me for taking your time.

oh, I see, hehe.
No problem, hope you have fun with it :)

Return to “MeldaProduction”