MMultiAnalyzer Loudness & Wave section

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi;

Had a question about this section. On the vertical axis, the numbers are listed as LU. Is that the same as LUFS? A bit confused on what these are. I know my mastering is outputting at -12 LUFS. However, in this screen, the loudness line goes to 12LU. Appreciate some clarification on what this is. Thank you.

John

Hi John, please google the EBU loudness. LUFS is like dBFS and LU are predefined ranges, such as EBU +18 defaulting in MLoudnessAnalyzer going from -36 to +18 and assuming the optimal target is 0. In MLoudnessAnalyzer you can also override the target though, which is normally -23LUFS by the EBU standard, but as you know Spotify/iTunes/youtube... has it much higher, because they like loud stuff :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ah got it. Would be AWESOME if you add a LUFS meter or number in that screen as well, to make that panel complete. It would be very useful. Thank you.

I'm afraid that won't happen, sorry, these meters show the same thing basically. If you want a master LUFS meter, please just use MLoudnessAnalyzer, that's designed for that.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Perfect. Thank you. I already have that installed. Will start using that.

Return to “MeldaProduction”