Feature Request - Ability to organize parameter order in Modulator/Multiparameter list + Separate Left/Right Processing

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wanted to shoot this one out because it's been annoying me for a while. It would be nice to to be able to organize parameters by dragging them up and down in the list. it's gets really messy once you have many parameters.

Edit: instead of creating a second thread to request another feature, I'm just going to add it here. It would be nice to have the option of processing the left and right channels separately at the same time (basically unlinking the channels).

There's no option to process Left + Right channels separately.
Last edited by SeeingInMidi on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

+1
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

+1 to the first item - I've been wishing for that capability for some time.

I don't understand the second request, however, nor do I see how the screenshot illustrates the point.

dmbaer wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:12 pm +1 to the first item - I've been wishing for that capability for some time.

I don't understand the second request, however, nor do I see how the screenshot illustrates the point.
Whoops, I'll edit the original post, I think I need to clarify.

If I understand correctly, you mean "there is not option to process the Left and Right (or mid and side) channels differently".
That is correct - generally you would need two sets of controls.

But, in the equalizers you can select the channel to be processed for each band.

And, in the Multiband plug-ins have a look at the Panorama and Mid/Side corrsoevers. they could help:
Panorama crossover is another specialized tool, similar to the level crossover; it splits the signal into bands according to the panorama. If, for example, you create 3 evenly spaced bands (100%L to 33%L, 33%L to 33%R, 33%R to 100%R), then the leftmost band will contain mainly the signals located in the left speaker, the rightmost band will contain mainly signals from the right speaker and the middle band will contain centred signals. Please note that this doesn't mean the crossover attempts to analyze the space the signals are coming from and send them to the respective bands, which is probably what your brain would attempt.

This crossover is useful only when processing stereophonic (or surround, in which case the channels from 3 upwards are kept intact) signals and can be used for all kinds of mixing and creative processing. For example, using a multiband compressor with this crossover can be used to effectively control the stereo image as each band would be processing a different part of the stereo image. To mention another example, a multiband delay or reverb can be used to produce a different ambience for different parts of the stereo image.

Mid/side crossover is similar to panorama crossover, but it splits the signal according to their position in mid/side location. In other words, the more to the left a band, the more centred is the signal in it. Similarly the more to the right a band, the more "to the side" is the signal in it. You can think of it as the panorama view folded back on itself, around the center position. If, for example, you create 3 evenly spaced bands (centre to 33% L or R, 33% L or R to 67% L or R, 67% L or R to 100% L or R), then the leftmost band will contain the centred signal, the rightmost band will contain the signals to the extreme left or right and the middle band will contain signals in between. It can be used for similar tasks as the panorama crossover.
Failing all that, just use two instances of the plug-in in series, one set to "Left" and the other set to "Right".
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:39 am If I understand correctly, you mean "there is not option to process the Left and Right (or mid and side) channels differently".
That is correct - generally you would need two sets of controls.

But, in the equalizers you can select the channel to be processed for each band.

And, in the Multiband plug-ins have a look at the Panorama and Mid/Side corrsoevers. they could help:
Panorama crossover is another specialized tool, similar to the level crossover; it splits the signal into bands according to the panorama. If, for example, you create 3 evenly spaced bands (100%L to 33%L, 33%L to 33%R, 33%R to 100%R), then the leftmost band will contain mainly the signals located in the left speaker, the rightmost band will contain mainly signals from the right speaker and the middle band will contain centred signals. Please note that this doesn't mean the crossover attempts to analyze the space the signals are coming from and send them to the respective bands, which is probably what your brain would attempt.

This crossover is useful only when processing stereophonic (or surround, in which case the channels from 3 upwards are kept intact) signals and can be used for all kinds of mixing and creative processing. For example, using a multiband compressor with this crossover can be used to effectively control the stereo image as each band would be processing a different part of the stereo image. To mention another example, a multiband delay or reverb can be used to produce a different ambience for different parts of the stereo image.

Mid/side crossover is similar to panorama crossover, but it splits the signal according to their position in mid/side location. In other words, the more to the left a band, the more centred is the signal in it. Similarly the more to the right a band, the more "to the side" is the signal in it. You can think of it as the panorama view folded back on itself, around the center position. If, for example, you create 3 evenly spaced bands (centre to 33% L or R, 33% L or R to 67% L or R, 67% L or R to 100% L or R), then the leftmost band will contain the centred signal, the rightmost band will contain the signals to the extreme left or right and the middle band will contain signals in between. It can be used for similar tasks as the panorama crossover.
Failing all that, just use two instances of the plug-in in series, one set to "Left" and the other set to "Right".
Thanks, ill look into the crossovers. At the moment im using 2 instances in series.

This looks like 2 questions, totally unrelated to each other, or something :D. Anyways reordering parameters in MP editor isn't planned, but there will be a "Make first" button, which would move selected parameter to first position for sake of "By first parameter" unit mode.

Btw. besides reordering is technically complex (long story), it is also very dangerous - what if you used another MP to control say 2nd parameter range and then accidentally reordered the parameters? You'd be f***ed :). Of course there's a cure for every problem, but it would make things rather complex...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

There are times when I have had several MPs with a very similar list of assignments. Unless I define them in the exact same order, the lists are ordered differently. No problem until some modifications are required to all the MPs with similar target lists, in which case it's all too easy to screw up.

While not something needed very often, some kind of reordering capability on assignment lists would be occasionally *very* useful. If a "make first" capability is possible, could you also just include a "move up one slot" capability? The only alternative we have right now to get two lists in the same order is to delete one entirely and start over, which is obviously rather tedious.

Ok, I'll think about it.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”