Sample a VST with Msoundfactory?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would there be a way to play another synth VST and have it be sampled in Msoundfactory?

As far as plans for the future go I mean, cuz i know thats possible with Omnisphere2.

(Always ask dumb questions amongst smart people😂😂😂)

I doubt that there is a sampling feature planned. There is, however, a sample playback capability in the pipeline as far as I know. Omnisphere cannot do sampling either, by the way, and the sample playback that will probably end up in MSF should be superior. Omnisphere does not support multi-sample playback of user-imported audio - MSF will almost certainly do so.

Something I asked for before, Melda where worried about users sampling and selling their sounds although that was completely the opposite of what I was saying.

Not holding breath.

dmbaer wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:46 pm I doubt that there is a sampling feature planned. There is, however, a sample playback capability in the pipeline as far as I know. Omnisphere cannot do sampling either, by the way, and the sample playback that will probably end up in MSF should be superior. Omnisphere does not support multi-sample playback of user-imported audio - MSF will almost certainly do so.
Pretty sure Omnisphere can import user audio

I wouldn't be so sure there won't be sampling capabilities. It seems an FX version is planned and if it loads samples, I wouldn't be surprised if there are slicing, recording and mapping features available. Of course this is just speculation on my part.

OM2 absolutely can.
CoolColJ wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:45 am
dmbaer wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:46 pm I doubt that there is a sampling feature planned. There is, however, a sample playback capability in the pipeline as far as I know. Omnisphere cannot do sampling either, by the way, and the sample playback that will probably end up in MSF should be superior. Omnisphere does not support multi-sample playback of user-imported audio - MSF will almost certainly do so.

CoolColJ wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:45 am
Omnisphere cannot import user multi-samples. It can import single wav files, but such are not multi-samples.

If you want to sample synths, check out Bliss from discoDSP (sorry Vojtech for mentioning a diff company here..)
:dog:

Thanks man
Fourstepper wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:51 pm If you want to sample synths, check out Bliss from discoDSP (sorry Vojtech for mentioning a diff company here..)

Well, sampling a 3rd party instrument is a bit obscure, legaly :). I mean it should be possible and I'm actually looking forward to trying it out, but I have literally no idea if it is legal even if you do it for yourself. It should be probably, but the legal situation is so weird these days, that ...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I'm just coming from my usual angle of trying to get Melda to do everything in audio production lol... M sound Factory being able to recreate any sound
MeldaProduction wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:35 pm Well, sampling a 3rd party instrument is a bit obscure, legaly :). I mean it should be possible and I'm actually looking forward to trying it out, but I have literally no idea if it is legal even if you do it for yourself. It should be probably, but the legal situation is so weird these days, that ...

MeldaProduction wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:35 pm Well, sampling a 3rd party instrument is a bit obscure, legaly :). I mean it should be possible and I'm actually looking forward to trying it out, but I have literally no idea if it is legal even if you do it for yourself. It should be probably, but the legal situation is so weird these days, that ...
Yeah it is pretty tricky. I believe you can sample anything that is generated(like a synth), but not something with audio files. However when you get into synth presets it gets tricky. I don’t know if those are subject to copyright or not.

Anyway I hope you have a sample, chop and slice feature for just normal audio at least. Chopped vocals are really popular currently and sampling yourself can yeild great results.

sample your self, so to speak

Return to “MeldaProduction”