MRecorder - feature requests / suggestions

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

when you have a heavy project I mean

Surely there's no way around that, if the audio stream contains glitches, m recorder will record the glitches?!

Maybe bump up your soundcard latency settings for the recording?

Thavma wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:24 am The most important feature that is missing is a buffer! many times it records the audio glitches from my daw
I am not quite sure that a plugin can have a separate buffer from your host/soundcard.. that wouldn't make much hardware sense to me
:dog:

with Voxengo Recorder you don't get glitches when the daw glitches, it has a buffer protection system
Not completely but with few glitches you get away, with MRecorder though it can record the smallest one

Hi Vojtech,

here another request for mrecorder (and I think all Melda plugins):

- Resolve symbolic links of dirs and show it in the directory view (macos), currently those are not listed at all in the Melda dir browser

Symbolic links made with "ln -s"

Greetings

Hi Hanz, I'm sorry symlinks are a nogo (long story). But you can simply use favourites, presets...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Please add threshold recording ! I have found that to be incredibly useful when noodling and playing hardware and you wish you had pressed rec. Ross from friends has made a max4Live device that does just that and I would like to be able to do the same outside of ableton. Please melda if you’re reading this.. :wink:

What do you mean by "threshold recording"??
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:22 pm What do you mean by "threshold recording"??
The poster may have meant: 'it only records when there's signal' i.e. maybe he's not hitting play on the outboard sequencer and doesn't want all the silence in the recording.

Another fun feature is 'record past X minutes'. GoPro, nvidia & others have this. Some call it 'retrospective record' or whatever. It's just a buffer that fills up a set amount of time. Once that time is filled, it discards the first-recorded material to make space for what's currently happening. For this, I'd like that we can specify a separate cache drive but using whatever record drive is fine too.

Since we're batting for the fences, some kind of signal that the recording was successfully saved might be nice. Something like a sawtooth-shaped visual fade, a status notification in the Log window ('fatbass.wav successfully saved') or a spinning pixie - anything! MRecorder always saves but I also always have to double check because it doesn't tell me, "Got it." Maybe a gif of Vojtech giving a thumbs up...

Uf, I'll add these low priority.
Vojtech

Also, can we have more options in the MRecorder Post Processing section? I'm referring to the Normalize function: I suggest adding some settings where you can normalize to peak (specified level, currently -0.5dB) or LUFS (integrated loudness, specified level). Also (or alternatively but probably not as good if only this), a 'record gain knob' feature is something I'd welcome so we can manually adjust the input levels into the 'virtual recorder'. Usually, I try to record my 'samplings' to -10dB peak and think having at these features would save me clicks i.e. going back to the synth to raise the volume, possibly needing to navigate through sub-windows. Thanks.

Love MRecord. The only issue is when I have it set to Record on play start (pause on stop): the audio that I drag and drop is not aligned.
Even when I put it on an audio track with no other plug-ins, the Recording is late.

Hexspa: Sorry no postprocessing. Basically MRecord does NOT keep the audio in memory, because that's problematic and it cannot know how long it would be. And of course it load it afterwards, but there are editors for that.

Xavier: That sounds like your DAW is disabling the plugin or something.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:02 pm Hexspa: Sorry no postprocessing. Basically MRecord does NOT keep the audio in memory, because that's problematic and it cannot know how long it would be. And of course it load it afterwards, but there are editors for that.

Xavier: That sounds like your DAW is disabling the plugin or something.
Ok but a pre-recorder gain knob in the interface for setting ideal levels? That would definitely be convenient for me and anyone who wants to more easily set the record levels without going into another plugin. Thank you for your consideration.

I don't follow, just put a gain plugin before it. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but why :). Thing is, everything may hypotetically be useful here, so we can start by filters and ending up with a reverb :)
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”