MRecorder - feature requests / suggestions

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear Mr Melda,

MRecorder is one of my favourite and most used plugins, very handy for quickly sampling from any place in my DAW.

But there are a couple of improvements i'd love to see:

The way i normally use it is to record a sample, then immediately drag it from the "WAV" button onto an audio track, or into a VST sampler.

So it would be great if one didn't need to specify a target path each time the plugin is instantiated. Because my DAW will automatically save the file to another location anyway. As will my sampler.

So then, if one didn't specify a path, it would just record into a default folder or only into memory, which would then be deleted when the plugin is removed.

Another handy feature would be to even automatically generate a random file name (like "audiofile_512.wav" or whatever), so in fact you also wouldn't need to even specify a file name if you didn't want to.

Another request is for the plugin to memorize my "post processing" settings. So each time i instantiate it, it will have the "trim threshold" already on and set to a certain value, as i always use that feature.

These suggestions are based on the idea of speeding up work-flow.

Maybe you could add these features to the payed version, while keeping the free version in its present, simpler form?!

Thanks hopefully in advance!

+1 These improvements would be great.
"Another handy feature would be to even automatically generate a random file name"
I would suggest project name set automatically and number like "GiantSteps_001.wav" file saved in a folder named automatically after the project name like eg. "MRecorder_GiantSteps" folder.

+1 on the original idea, and on the 1st response. MRecorder can be really handy sometimes, and these ideas would be a nice little improvement :tu:

:tu: :pray: :hihi:

And if I would like to record only a certain range of frequencies ?

MRecorderMB !

More editing capabilities would be great, maybe a paid for pro editor version? (Edison needs a better rival)

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:21 pm More editing capabilities would be great, maybe a paid for pro editor version? (Edison needs a better rival)
Excellent idea.

Mr D wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:10 am Another request is for the plugin to memorize my "post processing" settings. So each time i instantiate it, it will have the "trim threshold" already on and set to a certain value, as i always use that feature. ...
Can't you do this by saving the settings you like as a preset?

mibby wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:55 pm Can't you do this by saving the settings you like as a preset?
Do you see somewhere in MRecorder to save / open presets?

I don't!!

And you can't load it into MXXX.

I haven't looked at it. I was just assuming it had the same functionality as every other Melda plugin. :)

- Presets - will be added, makes sense now, it didn't when it was a microtool :)
- To set defaults - Settings / Set default settings.
- Random filename - possible, but would be some nonsense, it cannot really know the project name etc.
- More editing - not planned, sorry, no time
- Drag & drop - should be possible.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Great!

And Thanks!

I checked and presets added, but drag & drop is already there. And random filename can be made easily using presets / default settings plus the "Append number" option.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

:tu: Thanks a lot Vojtech

The most important feature that is missing is a buffer! many times it records the audio glitches from my daw

Return to “MeldaProduction”