Recreating Analog Gear?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

if you're referring to the only posts I've made on my account being this topics and that's because I want to see it come through...
elassi wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:30 am
Underoath77 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:19 amwhy are you being cryptic what screenshot do you have?
You don't want me to elaborate on this. For sure.

Don't wake up the dog.

Underoath77 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:22 amBut a Compressor Creator or Amp creator or any of the ridiculous list of items I've suggested could at least be considered and not condoned immediately as an annoyance.. if anything I'm thinking outside the box and nobody asked you to reply to my comments or posts?
I surely have missed that post. Compressor and Amp creators surely, if only by their names, have something intriguing about them, especially if there's a basis for development behind. I would ask you to perhaps expand on that although considering the 'tone' it has taken in this thread here, it might not be the most appropriate 'sound' place. I'll search for the post then.

Vojtech told me that an amp creator was something he wasnt interested in. I suppose I didnt understand the difference between convolution, IRs and other processes.
mevla wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:23 am
Underoath77 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:22 amBut a Compressor Creator or Amp creator or any of the ridiculous list of items I've suggested could at least be considered and not condoned immediately as an annoyance.. if anything I'm thinking outside the box and nobody asked you to reply to my comments or posts?
I surely have missed that post. Compressor and Amp creators surely, if only by their names, have something intriguing about them, especially if there's a basis for development behind. I would ask you to perhaps expand on that although considering the 'tone' it has taken in this thread here, it might not be the most appropriate 'sound' place. I'll search for the post then.

Sorry for the disrespect and repeated posts. Aspergers syndrome and ADHD can make me a tad obsessive when I have an idea. I just figure in 3 or 4 years there could be no reason to use anything other than Vojtechs creations.
I am interested to know why I'm being threatened by Elassi...

If we're talking about what I have envisioned it's exactly this: parameters allowing the recreation of any guitar amp via Spectrum analysis compressing Eqing whatever... like bias by positive grid on crack... I mean he made the ultimate drum plugin and he made the ultimate since plugin and he's making you altimate sampler plugin why couldn't he make the ultimate Amp plugin? Just have Distortion filters anything it took gain matching whatever it takes. Vojtech is the best. I know he could do it justice. I sold my Superior drummer 3 for mdrummer and have never looked back. I would like to be able to do the same in the guitar and analog gear World

In answer to the OP question, yes, there already is a Melda plugin that can emulate nearly anything (analogue or digital). It is called MXXX. Can you flip a switch and change from a mosfet amp to a solid state overdrive pedal? Not without effort, but if you put in the time and are creative about it, then you should be able to do that and more. The tools are already available, use them!
Will Vojtek invest his time in creating an analogue set of emulations? No, they already exist so there's really no point in it.

Emulating things is a tad more complex than just sampling IRs really - that works fine for EQs and reverbs, but that's pretty much it (and assumes no nonlinearity). So if you want a plugin that you'd plug into some other device and let it learn, well, that's unlikely in forseeable future. But I think in the Melda arsenal the only thing left is pretty much some guitar/bass amp and perhaps a filter, both are planned, but a little low priority (cannot do everything at the same time :D ).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Alright thanks V. My entire thinking behind this is that once we reach a point of no return there will be no reason to use anything other than Melda. At least for me. I use Melda because of the GUI and the quality both are unparalleled and I don't focus on images as much as I focus on sound. I just want to be able to use 1 company that I believe leads the industry. I guess I will start blending Melda products and make my own presets and custom GUI with a channel strip maker to make my own Melda esque modules...thanks again. I do hope that M sound Factory is able to work like kontakt in that I can have as many libraries of guitar and bass samples. That takes cate of half of my worries. The other half is the ability to tone match any other Amp/bass amp. I believe in a few years you could take care of it
MeldaProduction wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:52 pm Emulating things is a tad more complex than just sampling IRs really - that works fine for EQs and reverbs, but that's pretty much it (and assumes no nonlinearity). So if you want a plugin that you'd plug into some other device and let it learn, well, that's unlikely in forseeable future. But I think in the Melda arsenal the only thing left is pretty much some guitar/bass amp and perhaps a filter, both are planned, but a little low priority (cannot do everything at the same time :D ).

Well in my humble opinion you really don't "need" anything else than free plugins nowadays. Anything extra will just be extra and, even though very interesting and cool, not necessary at all
:dog:

MeldaProduction wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:52 pm Emulating things is a tad more complex than just sampling IRs really - that works fine for EQs and reverbs, but that's pretty much it (and assumes no nonlinearity)
Do you think we'll ever see something like a MTurboAmp emulating a range of valves,transistors and opamps (and maybe Transformers a la Kazrog True Iron) or does the current MAmp do everything you've envisioned it could/should do ?

I didn't mean to be a pretentious douchebag I just was hoping that we would get him to put more stuff out to cover every angle of the audio Spectrum. Although I'm going to start making my own GUI is using a channel strip maker in Reaper and theme after Melda that way I can feel more complete with the Melda spread. Endless lists of presets lol. I have ALOT of IRs and can use mXXX in conjunction with other plugs to make them just how I think I guess lol.
Fourstepper wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:59 pm Well in my humble opinion you really don't "need" anything else than free plugins nowadays. Anything extra will just be extra and, even though very interesting and cool, not necessary at all

What I meant is that if you really want just "stuff" emulation, that has been done by someone else already and wouldn't make sense to do it again, atleast not in some more special way. And finding that special way takes time of Vojtěch's that he just doesn't have afterwards to try and emulate everything through and out. Idk why ditching other companies was your plan if you didn't know what the future of Melda is, which, imo even Vojtěch doesn't completely know :)
:dog:

Underoath77 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:19 am I cut out slate and fabfilter and even positive grid and Superior drummer in my workflow.. trying to get the most out of one company.. man this place is as toxic as gearslutz.. and why are you being cryptic what screenshot do you have?
elassi wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:04 am
Fourstepper wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:21 pm I am sorry underthroat, but you are being pretty annoying to me.
Same here. And only posting in Melda's forum, nowhere else.

That reminds me... have a screenshot stored somewhere documenting a similar 'fun fact'. :phones:
Uhm, it's WAY MORE toxic than GS.

Today I tried one of this analog recreations, called True Iron by Kazrog. It’s okay, but nothing you can’t get with msaturatormb, which is much more flexible. Love it. So analog 😜

Underoath77: Thank you! And yes, the MSF goal is to replace Kontakt etc., we'll see how that works.

mcbpete: The thing is, I don't really believe in recreating specific amps/tubes/..., that's looking backwards, not forwards. But a generalized thingy, yes, that's possible.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”