MSoundfactory design thread

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:49 pm Just want to share my work MSoundFactory so far...alls MSoundFactory, most of the Sounds were designed from Scratch (only additioned by some Bitwig FX). I share this just as a "pay back" to Melda for his great effort...Maybe someone feels inspired by this and buys MSF...anyway...all this stuff only scratches the surface of MSF because I haven't used many of the FX yet...MS is just incredible.

1.) My track for the One Synth Challenge #124
2.) A half way finished track with some patch experiments
3.) A Patch demo...
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/the- ... your-angst
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/in-a-sense
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/msou ... mo/s-lMFzr

From the Patch Demo I include one of the ARP sounds...a slighlty "going off pitch" sound that reminded me of kraftwerks "it's more fun to compute"...

Code: Select all

$eNq9Wm1z2rgW-p5foXF27pdtguR33wvsGAgJ29CQQNpm79zZUYwAN0by2iKEftjffkeSDTYvDm3abWdaJB9J5zw6b9JR-beXeQSeSZKGjDY0dA41QGjAxiGdNrQFn5y52m-Nk3p-yBZ03MUBZ8kqJZyHdJqC04aGNHD6kYVBSKd9NiYNbcCiVTxjNAw00F4kCaF8kJCU8F6nof0PDAgnyb+vwH--7qWAhymYs4SAyYICzkDA5vGCEw1cjEPOkmH4lTQ05CD7nWs4xd4LnK4amufBdw40NXB1ex+neB5Hkmuogeu7YRyFnBNJjRoasgzzHHqO7ti6vf1db2iGq597UHd0wzEsDXzMAXEt3TFsrVkfLh4H0WIa0gyDZl01h2UshiQiASdj9bGhwXdIy0nT-AfoLqLoA56ThnaTBmEUYc4SgDTQx+lTj0oJtj9r4LPsfxDLHFj89J6GKaMXFD9GpM2iCMcpGed7FC3EjPDcFuL0bzqnQzIPOaMkBW22oFzSdUjMZ4IKWroG1ExjsXCzfgdzOl0DaRLAhnZBnwXbaRKghtaNwvhsErFYdN3HPh132FLolFZr1mulBdX6bUL5nrXRm9Zq1kcJpumEJXPMQ0YRuPjwcXB3MbwYNTRPsnIHM34kA836cIZjAoaji0FOBzXwjKOFUD5DDinDve6o3lC9tKHi581CSbR3c9H3bu4PlqBPkimR6tij8YL36Ji8IMmCbA85wZFq59IZ+U-5rSChmkoDNwtemOkMFZTZOCivcifDFQ00cHojXNTawlFBpD0S3JFnkjwKCYrtwqLmwUUHLA2F2gjSc9OzkWvo0EbQKXx7EN8Q0h3Ls03DQ+KbWkJqnJpIdazNyXKrWe6GEVegF9sFlq2DLHcbmn5u66bgMOTBTOHWm1LhWKdROCYaOL0VTOimIBpivkgyTuG57rqZO+judQNuyRpR0Rr1tWF3v0nBlCsC-8Lz+D9ggClL8BxvRP-IogGmBdGdg6JvnBo0czGy2ffI4nn6fmGuuzdg46XUBFUS1db+fJdmJ06cFELH56OjhlsZNTokwqt+a4NZ1lFpafYhGNfOpL+IeNjCdNwXQTqVA9sJS1P2TBKlVro5btVYwAsfRquYNDSf4ohNNdBJVp8IlyqfN3TRcm3H9Rwdesj0yvEdvoO7oV12Xof06UA4h3BPEEcaUAKOGIsecVIOgbsxfS2CYH71lSQ6GM4Z4zNK0lQFQQ18CumYLZWQV5hSgWJCJtI+Qzpt1gcspBx0IzxNWw0NmUgDLyKTMiCCuud5lm0L3dpPZm6T1cqT+wO4icJCPoKfUqUzM7Zss4glH4WfT3OnuCtTs-6I6RjmNjMWqiI9mGsYnm15HnItDZxOCBk-4uBJbZZwFFMsdfHcgY5nWo5tQtvKulHWrxzjNZnwm8kkFft+Bs8hRGJ4H790E-LXgtBg1dCMc9fdCApO+yEtfEXnjmEUvs5VKhnS6YDRadaBhJ5P8CLiGjiNM7+RadrpHUkZxTQgmfsNp7M1T4IlXdfAabqigQpd8mdE6JTP-vxTdIEaQHIDrrs3qfwXAqXyH0QqEYltxwmeC8uQlniH6ZSIUALW-coWhQEBBM6ACF2zhNHwq-S2su9aLqmBjyo4w+xXCwdPi1hmZ6buWg6S-wp2LugziVhMas36MJxSHG2FedG-okE2sYi9QgsE+1IIdJQQcEcI2VRO8UgOsmWRXFb-p5fV5bLGP7bsLt6G+i9t1tuM8oRFEUlKjbIhF-jRq-iplWaTHnpNvNMBwWXChB5dRuwRR6kGLu97yrWWgBHd1yx4EuyoTK70NYspyaq2JFwDw5ioM4DS1eyYR5JApM8VdtHHLxs135Kwk6yEC8MxKYKSka9T2txrBtJfWRoIXuQvaBqm4+o2dB2t5FJr5RG24xjIRcj23Hys63oedHXLdl1UHAu1zPd-Vg5CEluWkdsi0oDymp6tQ90ykG0ecusqVgiYgKFigRyrtjOTq7bG42i-8knsxRpQma2UN39bG9A+bZAho6FB6HSdTrdbpSFDPCd3bHlQQfLUTQM3SajyFuGKt9RFRgqrpDutFZiEScpBnLP6Hd51hGP5-4aLCmzQNjY6yELJhsdSlDvejl5DSaZmQATNDU7ogFH9UGAu5ZIVoOjboJjboGgVGoRaThfCCg3aB8ZVOJ2dxThN96oJEueTHw1HP6RgkmcalXiY23hYW3igN+FxhK5cs2WGzmFNUfnZT8AJvxyJk7WNk7NjTNDL-zi2U4WawOytqG0OtPvA+vFIFdergMnZhskFLUyfssOnocmWmBoW8tq8DzW0doTTVNyi5n16MSPOIJXeZQc8dZ4U90qX970BpiRSMSnLJcS5UeA6Y0slGsyBFUul69sbJq4OdhBF24g+YvoEKJ6TEpYXL-xOHUu+0W+pZdfANn-xd-50poNl1jfwz0rBdGsT3O1N8KqRa4VT1be5+TyM4WF3z8M52Wu5hu1C+cdBPzEmZrLl+e65OPxUaKq3kznA41A6rFqvmGw3O2we8G7mt6aarwGyWa8qSdjNoFDRZBEq2axZsla90IINDdV0yy6ZbmGwIb9v2qZoF6azRNvdtG3RRoXpHNFhFGZwRYddmMKTQ3R3Tw1myHBCkr9bOA0DeUYFG3ex7cdNpazQ8uy3u5w9Lkbd7u7RAfuNTqZHOUliFmGeubfNWeTccr-z0L62J5gfCkx9HYqldYsbxl-cgXFPbp7mcOTdLlp210ZXDwOrwycdF33m7Cz3Zmbn14fH2fvOsp-MBmbrr+er4ejy5vZs+buLrz34ZH35derYk8vh10k8gP57ZH9YDgg7u+p9Tu4fp8QZudlMneVg2WhU+UG0kwEjvXpDRyGPCHhccC7i3CubOlyKm+dDu6q+jsI5ORxH3mDk+7Zsp69s+UcusXXclqcNeTLXwVl+mj9u4qqz8MFV4J5V0D7HtZPJI+OnbW43IeQreX174XdvbzH2fmsO9t0BIpOqKjwYOyibxXgw5AkWt46lsDBKwjgiPC2Fgg7jXGxpIR6MFhnZT3KygK9ickx6-IOSuX02OZIs7E-slv2v4u9gNLA6bW84C7782ls7SrfjVju3nZMbsqqBLJwujk-txDU3YPJO+fUrD9Mzfl5+V+KkSmV3jmrIfiMwRyR38u79aKAshH4eUGVWqpCyd5BydqwvxoGoyZZl-t7b0WPcXZ+NF-KBQKrORUDEHVXsPwNDTmKQqgM7ScCZWh+4hTwF6Va11M5OV9qs+wEPn4lKGPP0sdjXoxPW0LR9n-JtkOdWUckbBgkhVNUTS+W4WrOuevVm-VM45rN+sz5kiyQgoFgBy-nOSWrrQd9QcB4lZM4itimXZh2F4qh7sMY8zsvHhuuKutMMp2QcTiYyD5R1MlFK2hSVJIGclrKQPpOEqwvtfq-TuxMY1Zr1VG5hXmpYv3vZKjVsihG718zG1lW3eK1TuswuXELr6hKanCEoL6LP0L6La5jdeeumbTqu6xi64W3urYu36sZrS8FzDyITuqYF5fOs8iRFIdTtuNjgjai1NL8if1v9-XPzRACIgN8Z3o3IPGZDuVGbOO1znhU8oeG4umPqUJyyVLc0M1nP1MXbis66bCps6o5ERG3zOTKg4VqG5UHD1sBwkXIcrl8iSTXb9zonExkpHvVvHaerccYxtIaiNY+hNRWtdQytpWjtY2htRescQ+soWvcYWrd5Ule3iuJByno-SxskTq+6bkLX+8b9WU-cPFGl1GKpKq--mVrVu6sTVQzdFAt3ljlRdcvXKMxXKaxXKexXKZxXKdxqijtMx2yOth-hFd-gqYdQOWE+RD92iL4eYhw7xFgPMY8dIuzgPVmlAY7IEdJsSDfD9OOHCZk+kogFIT96yS36rQn0b5ygyME26clmKhHk00VCqkjEWbBF6LiCps-Gn2aERBUko3D+mBDHrCBpJQTzGdQrSC5eYsGxeAaKKsg+ME5uJpNdikvxek65h51vhbo8GIZ0GpH2DFNKotwWymlUlvuMEqKSA5FYKi-UxpxMWbLqcTIXqVWtWc8yq91RKn0pDBpyzEmz3iXiPExSOW1e1ZevB8p0tWxm8bBIcSaIipwKxpO45Oru5CWaeDvXxzwJX5q-kA-xl0v-05dpqzV9aRuD9sWF6Y9sL2j1Wev34ePU7y-7Hd-3Wy9Lv33RqNeykfWbgONnUpyn508flrfTzw+Xtxe92z8uP-vtsGO6rV99v+Mv+36b+37vVtxulcbWlR8qzvTHZWv64N+1rnw-bX9837742gmj4P5advt6xklpXH2QsEf8GEYhX5WnuvV7aOVPby-b2O89XLamfifKGdkdVK-5SSyeyb8lpT2p1-Y9s0+bJ-8HRpwB-w==
If anybody is interested in Sounds, please PM.
Cool sounds!

Peter:H

Yea, like that sound!

Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:36 pm MSF is capable of some lush lushness...
https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... ry-for-msf
Very very beautiful. Gone to Earth - ish (David Sylvian).

bmanic wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:28 pm MSF is NOT a "build your own synth" thing. It's far too limited for that. NI Reaktor demonstrates this nicely as most people just load up devices and play built in presets instead of actually using them as new stand-alone synths. Only a tiny little percentage of people do the opposite

Thoughts on this?
To mention limiting and MSF in one sentence somehow doesn't go together well.

nichttuntun wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:09 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:36 pm MSF is capable of some lush lushness...
https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... ry-for-msf
Very very beautiful. Gone to Earth - ish (David Sylvian).
Thanks man.

nichttuntun wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:34 am
bmanic wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:28 pm MSF is NOT a "build your own synth" thing. It's far too limited for that. NI Reaktor demonstrates this nicely as most people just load up devices and play built in presets instead of actually using them as new stand-alone synths. Only a tiny little percentage of people do the opposite

Thoughts on this?
To mention limiting and MSF in one sentence somehow doesn't go together well.
MSF is all about "Bild your own synth and attach as many controls as you like".

I still disagree. I don't think the "front panel" thing of MSF is ideal for building a complete synth and then letting users create presets or browse presets for this. This is where Reaktor does things better and is much more flexible.

I think MSF would work much better as an universal overall "preset mega factory" system where the front panel instead has a few well selected controls that modify specific parameters of the intended macro preset. Sort of how other synths with their 8 or more basic macro controls work, for instance like Alchemy or the smart controls in Logic for multi-presets (synth presets that consist of many layers of various plugin synths).

If the idea would be "build a complete synth" with the inner workings then we'd need a bit more low level control than is currently available.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like MSF isn't capable of arranging a bunch of modules and then calling it a unique "synth" of it's own on the front panel, but I don't think it's optimal way of working with it nor the optimal way of selling stuff and building a market. I still think it's much more optimized for traditional preset thinking. A preset being an overall vibe of a sound with well thought out controls for controlling specific parameters.

This is why I think the default templates aren't optimal at all because they allow the user to have tons of effects controls, most turned off by default and not all that smartly assigned ranges, for every single sound. It's not graphically nor user interface like thought out well enough. It's a bit random lego block like and not slick nor intuitive.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Forget the default templates, trying to stay within the provided infrastructure when building something new only blocks creativity and wastes hours of time, a totally empty canvas is your friend.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:19 am Forget the default templates, trying to stay within the provided infrastructure when building something new only blocks creativity and wastes hours of time, a totally empty canvas is your friend.
:tu:
Absolutely, like in meditation :)

bmanic wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:36 pm I still disagree. I don't think the "front panel" thing of MSF is ideal for building a complete synth and then letting users create presets or browse presets for this. This is where Reaktor does things better and is much more flexible.

I think MSF would work much better as an universal overall "preset mega factory" system where the front panel instead has a few well selected controls that modify specific parameters of the intended macro preset. Sort of how other synths with their 8 or more basic macro controls work, for instance like Alchemy or the smart controls in Logic for multi-presets (synth presets that consist of many layers of various plugin synths).

If the idea would be "build a complete synth" with the inner workings then we'd need a bit more low level control than is currently available.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like MSF isn't capable of arranging a bunch of modules and then calling it a unique "synth" of it's own on the front panel, but I don't think it's optimal way of working with it nor the optimal way of selling stuff and building a market. I still think it's much more optimized for traditional preset thinking. A preset being an overall vibe of a sound with well thought out controls for controlling specific parameters.

This is why I think the default templates aren't optimal at all because they allow the user to have tons of effects controls, most turned off by default and not all that smartly assigned ranges, for every single sound. It's not graphically nor user interface like thought out well enough. It's a bit random lego block like and not slick nor intuitive.
We shouldn´t forget that it´s currently 14.04 BETA Version and rapidly developing.

And what you say about "Presets Thinking" is maybe not wrong - but I´d say this a little bit different: MSF enables you to build "Presets" that really compare to the ones in the World of black Boxes with Keys. Quickly. I´d not say that you can really do that with Reaktor. Or let´s better say: you surely can. But you´ll waste thousands of Clicks for maybe! the same Thing.

And it offers all the Opportunities you need to make a "Sound Family" usable. That "Super Saw" Thing for example is simply a meaningful Selection of Options for this certain Type of Sound. Me personally I like the Approach Melda has chosen very much. In front of the Background of my Targets, Workflow and Philosophy (KISS) it seems "systematic" to me and is surely helpful for creating an own Style & Sound.
Last edited by GRUMP on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Question: How do you manage Samples for a Patch Library? I miss an Option to merge them or pack several Sample Banks in a Lib Folder. I´m not that deep insides yet ...;-)

GRUMP wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:47 pm
bmanic wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:36 pm I still disagree. I don't think the "front panel" thing of MSF is ideal for building a complete synth and then letting users create presets or browse presets for this. This is where Reaktor does things better and is much more flexible.

We shouldn´t forget that it´s currently 14.04 BETA Version and rapidly developing.

And what you say about "Presets Thinking" is maybe not wrong - but I´d say this a little bit different: MSF enables you to build "Presets" that really compare to the ones in the World of black Boxes with Keys. Quickly. I´d not say that you can really do that with Reaktor. Or let´s better say: you surely can. But you´ll waste thousands of Clicks for maybe! the same Thing.

And it offers all the Opportunities you need to make a "Sound Family" usable. That "Super Saw" Thing for example is simply a meaningful Selection of Options for this certain Type of Sound. Me personally I like the Approach Melda has chosen very much. In front of the Background of my Targets, Workflow and Philosophy (KISS) it seems "systematic" to me and is surely helpful for creating an own Style & Sound.
MSF is made to discover a vast universe of sound, created by yourself! Simon said "an empty canvas is your friend here". That can´t be more true. If you stick to this philosophy inside MSF you´ll always come out with something new and exiting. Who would use such an "endless" system for a super-saw or other cliched and generic sounds anyway?

nichttuntun wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:05 am
MSF is made to discover a vast universe of sound, created by yourself! Simon said "an empty canvas is your friend here". That can´t be more true. If you stick to this philosophy inside MSF you´ll always come out with something new and exiting. Who would use such an "endless" system for a super-saw or other cliched and generic sounds anyway?
I don´t really understand what you mean and what we are really talking about?

And if I used Super Saws resp. SupSaw Derivates - I would and I could give a lot of Reasons for it. Do we need 6 OSC and 3 Layers just because we work with MSF? Or does a usable Sound really need all this "Glitter" and Deflection we frequently delete first when considering to use the Sound?
Last edited by GRUMP on Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MeldaProduction”