Just ONE more question about LUFS and the Jan 2019 MIX CONTEST

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Only 1 and 1/2 days until the contest deadline! And I'm scrambling to finish something.
Anyway, if my mix is reading at say, -10 LUFS, will normalizing it to -16 LUFS destroy it? How about if it's at -6 LUFS originally. Is that way too loud to use MLoudness Analyzer to normalize it to -16 LUFS?
*Seems like to bass guitar jacks up the LUFS big-time, and is still softer than I want. Maybe MLimiter will help.
** I'm so used to mixing with the Presonus VU Meter, and gain staging & maximizing volume a totally different way than using LUFS.
*** Not finished with the composition yet, so I have little time to experiment. So if anyone has any quick pointers, that would be great. If not, well, I'm still enjoying the process of learning!

I actually moved it 2 days, because I'm going to be on a little vacation anyways and I'm not sure why there was such a big gap between ending and voting :).
Anyways going down i LUFS is always safe, you are just lowering the volume. The other way around, that would be a problem ;). You should get used to LUFS, it's now everywhere from youtube to spotify.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”