MSF Physical Modeling FR

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I agree the Modal Filter is amazing now. There is so much you can do with it. I just quickly analyzed 2 different sounds and then used the X parameter set to random. There were all sorts of interesting variations coming out of it. It was like hitting a real peice of metal. The ability to have a sharp transient using higher order filters is there too which is great. Overall sounds and works much better than before.

dmbaer - AFAIK there is no 101/easy book or website on physical modeling. There are some technical papers and and some general info, but there isn’t really much in between which is a shame. Right now MSF might be the most capable physical modeling synth, so hopefully in the future the thread on it can be used as a reference guide.

jmg8 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:13 pm
MeldaProduction wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:12 am
- Saturation for the feedback loop - I'll check! As for more complex combs, I'd probably keep that for later, I actually plan MTurboFilter :).
Also please, a really basic 1 knob compressor and an allpass filter.
These are things that are often placed in the feedback loop for physical modelling.

Also, is there any chance of having a few algorithms in there too? There are a few different ways of routing the feedback that create different sound. One for example is that the feedback is not added rather subtracted, this is good for bowed instruments.
If possible it would be great to get some very basic algorithms like from MTurboReverb, like:
FDNs and CCs etc

Just some very basic delay matrix with about 4 delays and various feedback routings with allpass etc.
It would add loads more flexibility to the resonator.
Bump
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

MTurbofilter sounds awesome. If it has some models of vintage filters and things like the resonator module, modal filter modules, etc it would be a really unique plugin.

Return to “MeldaProduction”