MSoundFactory concept & template round #3

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The ModularEx can't do everything, but in some cases it can save a lot of time. I've used it with the modal filter to do things like change the number of filters active, choose even/odd filters, adjust the volume of filters, etc. In some cases it saves me 30 or more clicks. Unfortunately it can't save things like Env1, LFO2, etc, but for some uses it works really well.

Vojtech - I remember you talked about being able to open MSF inside MSF, is this still planned? I'm interested because I'd like to play arps and chords at the same time.

Also is there anything else we need before we start making presets/devices? It seems like everything is set for the most part.

MSF inside MSF, sure, shouldn't be a problem ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:45 pm dmbaer: I'm not sure what you were discussing, but what is the problem with using ModularEx and accessing it?
The scenario I was trying to implement was to take an MSF preset built prior to the template (which is still a moving target), and to duplicate all the generator stuff in a ModularEx module. This preset had the sound creation modules in the generator heavily dependent upon per-voice envelopes, and that was heavily dependent upon some tricky MP setups. The challenging part of the original preset was in setting up the MPs to manipulate the envelope behavior. Since that could not be done using the MPs inside the ModularEx module, I got next to no benefit using the encapsulation of a ModularEx.

Maybe it's just me, but I find myself putting together fairly complex interactions between MPs. These will be the hardest things to migrate when the template stops being a moving target. What would truly help would be a block copy and paste of MPs. Even if we had to reassign their targets after the paste, this would probably be a huge benefit.

The new multiple MP move capability is a huge step in the right direction. Now, if only we could grab a block of MPs from one preset and place them in another. Of course, this is probably a lot more difficult than it looks, but we can hope, can we not? :)

Chandlerhimself wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:27 pm Vojtech - I remember you talked about being able to open MSF inside MSF, is this still planned? I'm interested because I'd like to play arps and chords at the same time.
I was recently thinking of something along the same lines. For a while now, all the new UVI instruments have a dual layer with independent arps capability. Actually, even just having two layers, one using and arp and the other doing conventional playback, can produce some marvelous results. If I'm not mistaken, the new Dune 3 also provides a dual arp capability. So, although I personally don't find arps all that appealing except for just messing around, this may be feature that will be much in demand in the future.

Hmmm, copy & paste block MPs should be possible, but I'm a bit confused anyway. Aaaaha, wait you meant you wanted to put everything from the template to the instrument of yours right? Well, that can be tricky indeed. I'll think abou tthe block copy/paste.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:18 pm Aaaaha, wait you meant you wanted to put everything from the template to the instrument of yours right?
Actually, just the opposite, at least for the moment. In the absence of a final template version, I'd like to be able to develope some presets that are final in the generation section and be able to fairly easily port those to a final version of the template. To that end, it would be cool if we could also save the full generator grid as a single preset (same for FX grid).

There are already presets for the Generator and FX tabs ;). The right most buttons in the Generator & FX tabs ;)
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:43 pm There are already presets for the Generator and FX tabs ;). The right most buttons in the Generator & FX tabs ;)
Very cool - never noticed those buttons. :)

If you haven’t checked out the new beta yet, I recommend you DL it ASAP. There is a ton of new stuff added and I’m amazed with all the new possibilities.

FM - This module is great. It’s everything I hoped it would be. I haven’t had much time to really dig into it, but just having 8 operators is amazing. I’m looking forward to really digging into it. I hope someone makes some module presets with the original DX7 “algorithms”.

Modal Filter - The XY pad opens up a lot of new possibilities for morphing between different sounds. I think this is will agreat way to take advantage of MPE. I have a few ideas already. The distribution slider is great from bringing the transients back which I love. The analysis of samples is the killer feature IMO. There isn’t really much more to add to it IMHO. The only slight improvement would be a volume control for A,B,C,D so the volume is balanced when morphing. I want to get a recorder and start banging on things in my house and analyzing them.

Additive - I was suprised to see this, but it’s really nice to have. It works like the normal OSC, but you can change the tuning of the partials to get inharmonic sounds. It works just like the modal filter and with the XY pad I’m sure it will be possible to do some really wild stuff. Its nice that use can use waves other than sin and there are 64 of them.

Everything is looking great. I hope we can get some people to work on presets for the FM matrix and some samples analyzed for the modal filter/additive ABCD sections.I looks like the preset guide lines will be ready soon too. There’s so much stuff I’m almost overwhelmed.

Chandlerhimself wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:37 am If you haven’t checked out the new beta yet, I recommend you DL it ASAP. There is a ton of new stuff added and I’m amazed with all the new possibilities....
Wait, is this available? How is it possible to check this out? And if i can get it, will it make my head explode? :ud:

sirmonkey wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:22 am
Chandlerhimself wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:37 am If you haven’t checked out the new beta yet, I recommend you DL it ASAP. There is a ton of new stuff added and I’m amazed with all the new possibilities....
Wait, is this available? How is it possible to check this out? And if i can get it, will it make my head explode? :ud:
1). Yes 2). It came in an email this morning. 3). That is a possibility. :hihi:

:love:
Vojtech

Hmmm. I didn't get that e-mail, but then again, I haven't done any tutorials on Melda products. Guess I'll have to wait, like most people! That's O.K though: I've barely scratched the surface with MXXX. So I have plenty to keep busy with! :phones:

I wonder if anyone would like to comment (or is it speculate?) about a real-life case of instrument/device and presets of that instrument/device.

Specifically, we have the super-saw preset to serve as a template for our own designs. Now, is the super-saw an instrument or a preset? If the former, what are some examples of presets of this instrument. If the latter, what does the instrument look like? I don't see a clear interpretation in either case.

It's easy to visualize how an instrument like a draw-bar organ might have presets for rock organ, gospel organ, jazz organ, etc. But when we get to synth-type sounds, it's far less obvious where this is supposed to go.

dmbaer wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:47 pm I wonder if anyone would like to comment (or is it speculate?) about a real-life case of instrument/device and presets of that instrument/device.

Specifically, we have the super-saw preset to serve as a template for our own designs. Now, is the super-saw an instrument or a preset? If the former, what are some examples of presets of this instrument. If the latter, what does the instrument look like? I don't see a clear interpretation in either case.

It's easy to visualize how an instrument like a draw-bar organ might have presets for rock organ, gospel organ, jazz organ, etc. But when we get to synth-type sounds, it's far less obvious where this is supposed to go.
"Super Saw" is an instrument. There are no presets for it yet.

In other words if it has an easy screen with the tabs "Generator" "Effects" "Global" then it is an instrument. The presets will be inside it somehow, just a recalled state of the parameter values in the instrument.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Return to “MeldaProduction”