MDrummer: Using different rhythm groups

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How would one switch to a beat in 'acoustic funk' to one in 'acoustic rock' within the same song ? I kind of have the impression that this could be done using channels, although I haven't tried it out yet.

For that matter is it possible to using different drum kits within a same song ?

Cheers.

Yes, channels for Rhythms, but click the MIDI button bottom right... there you can set up controllers to change presets and thus change everything (including kits) in one go.

Yes, use channels to do this. Set up different styles on each channel and then using midi switch from channel 1 to 2, etc.

Chandlerhimself wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:33 am Yes, use channels to do this. Set up different styles on each channel and then using midi switch from channel 1 to 2, etc.
I might be missing something but my understanding is that in the MIDI settings (controllers, notes, preset switch) you can't set things up to change Rhythm Channels themselves; the channels parameters here are for choosing channels for your controllers.
The only way to change Rhythm Channel as project plays is via the channel of your actual MIDI command notes.
But if you want to change say the drum kit on the fly you can use MIDI settings to set up preset changing.
Presets of course include particular Rhythms ( E.G. Blues 1 or Blues 2), but bear in mind that Rhythm Channels themselves are not remembered by presets....think of the 9 Rhythm Channels as all ON and ready to go. A preset can include up to 9 Rhythms (which can play simultaneously) but it doesn't switch channels on/off. When you select with mouse a Rhythm Channel in the GUI you are just selecting for auditioning/editing purposes...you're not switching channels of DAW playback...that comes from the commands in the DAW.

Return to “MeldaProduction”