MPS Sequencing

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been trying to duplicate patches to learn how to program MPS, it's been going pretty well. I pulled up a patch from the demo list called Legato Jam. I'm pretty confused with how sequencing works. I see the master fx has a modular section. If I click on that I can see several noise generators, I'm guessing those are being triggered somehow to make the kick, snare and hat patterns but am at a loss as to how. Are there any videos describing this? Didn't see anything on sequencing in the manual. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

From a quick look: the sequencing is done using the Step Sequencer in the 3 active Modulators. Quite how those step sequences were created I cannot imagine ;). Anyway, you will see in each Modulator window which target parameters it modulates and the ranges for each of those parameters. And, you'll see that there are three levels of Modular FX!

To get a good grasp on what's going on, grab a big piece of paper, draw all and inter-connect the active components (oscillators, noise generators, Filters etc), than add the modulation routed to the various targets.
Last edited by DarkStar on Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Hey DarkStar thanks for the tips. The envelopes of the modulators are working as gates on the gain of the noise generators. It looks like the custom envelopes were pulled in from the lower edit button in each modulators shape window. Mod 1 appears to be the hat, you get pure noise when you disable M1. M2, the kick and M3, the snare both go silent when you disable them, still not sure what the difference is between them and the hats. I'm going to take your suggestion and map it out next, at least I know where to start now.

Cheers

Return to “MeldaProduction”