All Melda plugins crash Reaper when using DrivenByMoss Push2 driver

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI,
This is a long shot. I use my Push2 controller with Reaper using the excellent DrivenByMoss4Reaper (http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html), which is a utility program to enable Push functions to be used in Reaper. However, loading Melda plugins cause an immediate crash when using. All my other plugins are fine. Spoke to developer and he noted:

"It seems to me that one of the plugins you use corrupts the memory buffer which is used for the USB display transmission. Unlike Bitwig, Reaper does not separate plugins in its own process.
Therefore, I am afraid I can not do anything about it."

If I use VST bridging in Reaper, Melda plugins can load but unfortunately my two most used plugins, MAutoAlign and MMultiAnalyzer, don't function correctly in bridging mode as I guess they cant link to the other referenced plugins. Currently looks like i have to abandon Melda plugins as I like my Push2 capability too much but wondering on the off chance why this only happens to Melda and no other plugins? I realize this is a very niche request but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks!

I would think that linking across (or memory access between) processes is a DAW / OS issue rather than the plug-ins themselves.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I'm confused. Why do you need to bridge?

werzel wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:25 pm I'm confused. Why do you need to bridge?
This is only way I can get Melda plugins to not crash reaper. Reaper has the setting: "Plug-ins->Compatibility: VST bridging/Firewalling: In dedicated process per plugin”. If I use that Melda plugins don’t crash reaper but then they also don’t work as intended

Hmmm, ok, so please contact me via info@meldaproduction.com, I'll get you a link to the newest beta, which doesn't alter the input buffers (avoiding denormals, just in case, performance issues, but it's not standard indeed) - possibly that's what the guy from Ableton (?) means. If it won't help, I'll need you to tell me exactly how to simulate it assuming I don't have Push.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:05 pm Hmmm, ok, so please contact me via info@meldaproduction.com, I'll get you a link to the newest beta, which doesn't alter the input buffers (avoiding denormals, just in case, performance issues, but it's not standard indeed) - possibly that's what the guy from Ableton (?) means. If it won't help, I'll need you to tell me exactly how to simulate it assuming I don't have Push.
oh great, thank you. I used your contact form earlier but will email too.

Really? Aaaha, probably my collegue got it. When did you send it?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:22 pm Really? Aaaha, probably my collegue got it. When did you send it?
yesterday

Got it ;)
Vojtech

Wow, I didn't know DrivenByMoss has been updated & has come so far, WOW!!!! I used it some months ago with an old version... I'm very curious, how it works now :-), but now I'm also afraid of loosing my melda plugs :-(

please keep us up to date on this! 1000 thanks!

Ok, so I think I managed to fix it (at least it works here now), but nothing is certain with this to be honest. Personally I'd avoid using this completely... unless you care about stability. The crash had nothing to do with writing into buffers or anything, at least here, but this thing completely f*** up OpenGL on the system (I don't even know how to do that :D ). Who knows what else is messed up with this... In any case this will be hacked in the next version, but in order to use it, you'll have to disable GPU acceleration anyways.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:34 am Ok, so I think I managed to fix it (at least it works here now), but nothing is certain with this to be honest. Personally I'd avoid using this completely... unless you care about stability. The crash had nothing to do with writing into buffers or anything, at least here, but this thing completely f*** up OpenGL on the system (I don't even know how to do that :D ). Who knows what else is messed up with this... In any case this will be hacked in the next version, but in order to use it, you'll have to disable GPU acceleration anyways.
Just tried the beta you sent and working fine with GPU acceleration disabled. So happy, great work Vojtech :tu:

I owe you beers and further plugin purchases, really impressed :D

Er but worrying what you say about drivenbymoss. I use ableton and reaper extensively so using Push2 across both is fantastic. It used to create loads of lag in Reaper and was virtually unusable but these days it’s working well, no real other issues yet so far. Fingers crossed

Hehe let's hope it will be fine then ;). Just saying, that I would be worried using it.
Vojtech

So wow, I'm ready for giving it a try!! Is that latest beta the one you are talking about!?
What are the consequences when turning off GPU acceleration? Will only visuals be slower? I've always had problems with graphics sucking vst power with meldas and other plugins, maybe I have a week GPU anyways. Fancy fast Graphics are not important at all for me. For me only the fast processing for LIVE-usage is important. In the last months I optimized my system, so that there is so much power for live playing instruments through the Mplugins, but I have to slow down FPS anyway...
What are the most GPU-friendly settings?

Return to “MeldaProduction”