MPowersynth automation

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought MPowersynth and am not able to modulate or record automation with certain parameters such as Osc1-Shape-Custom shape. I am using Reaper and don't even see an option to automate the custom shape knob in the envelopes list. Powersynths internal modulators don't have it available in it's list either. Is it really impossible to modulate/automate something so obvious, that makes a clear and useful change to the sound? No workaround? I'm used to being able to automate anything in pretty much everything in Komplete and am finding this quite a head scratcher.

Modulation in Melda plugins, including MPS, is typically done through a click and learn process that is available from each modualtor (and multiparameter for that matter). To get you started, left-click on the icon located on the right side of any modulator and select Clear and Learn. This removes all previous modulation destinations and lets you start with a clean slate. All actions that you make are set as modulation destinations and ranges until you left-click on the Modulator area a second time. You can then left-click on the Modulator button to fine tune your parameter ranges and actions. Selecting the button on the left side of the Modulator activates your modulations.
Try this video as a more detailed description of Modulators https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3cLwbmtcEE
There are a bunch of videos that go more deeply into Melda's modulation architecture. There is more possible with Melda than virtually any other system (including DAWs).

Ahh sweet, thanks. That worked and I will be sure to dig into the tutorials.

Hey, this looks like a good place to ask some newb questions. :) is it a good place to ask some newb questions?

1: which one of these drive and saturation options is the envelope amount? :help: Is there an envelope amount?

2: is there an "undo" button for when you accidentally hit the random button (something I've already done several times)? :hihi:

3: can I send separate oscillators to separate filters in parallel mode? :pray:

1. Neither.
2. Shift + random.
3. No. However you can have multiple versions of MPS open in the FX modular.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Hey, that was fast thanks. Except number one... imma assume there is no envelope amount then? Sorry, if its a stupid question in advance.

oh, freq range is what I'm looking for.

:? hmmm ... that just seems to pull the cutoff curve into positive and negative. Maybe I can find a work around using velocity or something? odd.

:lol: nope. I was right, it is the freq range isn't it. thanks again.

i'm so flustered. if that were the envelope amount all envelopes would have it.

Return to “MeldaProduction”