MSoundFactory active presets are now called Instruments

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmmm, I'd like some more easy to understand word :o :)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:33 pm Ok, so to explain my reasoning:

People don't understand the difference between active presets and presets. And I cannot blame them, they are nearly the same! But while there's minimal technical difference, they serve very different purposes:
- "active presets" are like microplugins inside the plugins
- "presets" are, well, settings, that's all

I personally think this is a really good thing to do, but I'd like a name, that would work for both instruments and effects, any ideas? Probably without the M jmg8 hehe :). I think Instruments would work for instruments, that's ok, but we still need a name for effects, and it would be ideal to have the same one...
Nope ;) To me, they serve the same purpose - configuring the plug-in in a particular way. "Active presets" are just some "presets" plus searchable tags. (Remember that some "presets" have Multi-parameters (and therefore an Easy screen).)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

That's the way you use this, because you know how this works inside out. But 99.99% beginners won't and the active presets are a way for them to use all the power the plugins provide without understanding the details. No preset can do that.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

How about:

"Active instruments"
and
"Active Effects"
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

That's the thing, I want it to be a single word, so that it is easy to talk about it. Many requirements, I know... damn :D
Vojtech

Performance

"Views"

Not a great word, technically, but might convey the visual aspect better. And also sounds less scary.

Interface.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

HUB

SIMPLE / COMPLEX

PRO

OUTER / INNER

MATRIX

CONSOLE

DASHBOARD

USE / CREATE

CANVAS

(DESKTOP) :?
Everyone knows more than I do...

What the hell is wrong on calling it an instrument. I think its a great idea
:dog:

Fourstepper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:36 pm What the hell is wrong on calling it an instrument. I think its a great idea
We need complicated solutions!

Fourstepper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:36 pm What the hell is wrong on calling it an instrument. I think its a great idea
This can´t be applied in Effects... idealy we are looking for a single term, that could be used in Instruments (MSF,...) and Effects(MComb, etc...)...
Everyone knows more than I do...

operator wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:11 pm
This can´t be applied in Effects... idealy we are looking for a single term, that could be used in Instruments (MSF,...) and Effects(MComb, etc...)...
I do not see a reason to use just one name. "Instrument" works well for any sound generating VST plugin will be understood instantly by everyone.

I admit that for FX plugins the situation is a bit odd. Any user using an FX VST plugin will find it strange to load an "effect" within an effect plugin. But I know of no other word. Technically you could call it "audio processor" which isn't a killer name. How about "gadget"?

Masi

Yes, but these are not really words, it would be a bit hard to make this "well known".
Vojtech

How about Modules? No inference to whether they are instruments or effects there!

Return to “MeldaProduction”