MSoundFactory active presets are now called Instruments

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The title says it all :D. I'm done with all the confusion about "active presets", it was such a stupid name I came up with the years ago (I didn't realize it would become such a tech...). So I'd say from now on we say "Instruments" for MSF. Or if you have a better idea that would work for all plugins, even better!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hmm ;). Then what are the other presets?

To me, there is no real conceptual difference between "Active Presets" and "Presets". Both can have zero or more Multiparameters, each controlling one or more parameters.

In MSF and MXXX (and ....) you use a Preset Browser to get to either type. And either type of preset can be edited and saved as either type into a hierarchy of folders. The only real differences are that their Active Presets can be tagged and their browser is directly available on the Easy screen.

In the other plug-ins you get a fixed set of unchangeable "Active Presets"; they can be edited but saved as "ordinary" presets only. So they are less active. ;)

This might work for all plug-ins: "Active presets" are named "Quick presets" or "Quick-load presets". "Quick" as in quick / easy access.

... more to follow
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Maybe "Performance (Preset)"...
i liked "Easy Screen" a lot (in fact thats what it really is)...
another one could be Macro View...
Everyone knows more than I do...

Excuse my ignorance but what is MSoundFactory? :oops:

All presets should be available via the tag/category tab, and the mp controls, on the preset page, could have the name of performers.
Best
YY

For the MSF LE this definitly makes sense. As the user won't be able to fiddle with the internals they won't act like "active presets" for an "easy mode". Calling them instruments is IMHO a good idea.

I assume that for MSF LE there will be neither "presets" nor "active presets" just "instruments".

Masi

When I first encountered the term "active preset", I had no idea what that concept meant ... and I still don't really.

If a goal is to extend a new terminology to all Melda plug-ins, the "instrument" really doesn't get the job done. My own suggestion (after having not thought on this for very long) would be for active presets to be simply called "presets". Fully editable presets could be called "full edit presets" or something like that.

Perhaps "user-defined interface" would work for both effects and instruments.

Good idea, sound like more persuasive.
Ambient artist and sound designer to get chickens.
http://www.weatherm.net/

I like this. This sounds much better and there is much less confusion. For FX I don't think they should be called instruments, but for MSF, "instruments" is a good name and people won't be confused when talking about presets. "Presets of an instrument" sounds clearer than "Presets of a preset".

This will also hopefully lead to a different conception of how to create presets. I know when MXXX was first in beta I didn't even realize they were 2 different things and that they aren't saved in the same place. Perhaps 3rd parties should use presets if they don't want to bother making instruments. It might entice more people to make presets if they're easier to do. There are also a lot of benefits to having both instruments and presets.

I like this idea. However, as "instrument" is quite a generic term it might get confused in conversation sometimes. Also if we do the same for MXXX and the other FX then we would use "Effect" that is even more generic.

So I suggest we use the branding and call them:

M Instruments
M Effects
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Russell Grand wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:11 pm Excuse my ignorance but what is MSoundFactory? :oops:
A new instrument plug-in that is currently in beta testing. Think of MXXX plus sound generators plus ....
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Nice! :tu:

Ok, so to explain my reasoning:

People don't understand the difference between active presets and presets. And I cannot blame them, they are nearly the same! But while there's minimal technical difference, they serve very different purposes:
- "active presets" are like microplugins inside the plugins
- "presets" are, well, settings, that's all

I personally think this is a really good thing to do, but I'd like a name, that would work for both instruments and effects, any ideas? Probably without the M jmg8 hehe :). I think Instruments would work for instruments, that's ok, but we still need a name for effects, and it would be ideal to have the same one...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

How about MEI. Multiparameter Easy Interface.

EGI - Easy graphical interface
MES - Multiparameter Easy screen
SIM - Simple interface multiparameters

Perhaps an acronym like that would work.

Return to “MeldaProduction”