FR:MConvolutionMB re:"Custome Path"

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I frequently use MCmb and have set up system directories with IR/samples sorted by instruments/etc. So, a real time saver for me would be having the ability to "save" in a dropdown list the various directories in use...or something like that.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

That's what the favourites are for ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yes, I'm aware of "favorites," which are specific choices. My thought was more like being able to choose a directory, say "snares," and then "dial around" to see whatever works...hth.../s~

I must say, I just don't really understand.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

steve2KVR,
You probably already know all this:
I think the custom path thing used to remember itself (which would sort of achieve what you would like) but now if you go back to factory directory then back to custom you get computer root..I can't remember why that was changed. But anyway, if you dial up a favourite the directory on the left will open to hopefully somewhere close to whatever else you want to browse.

I think that he would like to be able to define and access "Favourite folders" as well as "Favourite (samples)".
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar!...that's exactly it!

Sheesh! - I've just tried it - it's almost already there (if the target folder does not contain any IR files):

The IR files are in the IRs sub-folder, but if I select that, then the first IR file is selected as the favourite. But it's a lot quicker than browsing all the way from K: for them.
Inspired by ...

...yup, DS, that's what I've been doing too. I set some IRs as "favorite" just to get to the directory structure. One for drums, another for base, and so on...(sigh).../s~

DarkStar wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:31 pm Sheesh! - I've just tried it - it's almost already there (if the target folder does not contain any IR files):

The IR files are in the IRs sub-folder, but if I select that, then the first IR file is selected as the favourite. But it's a lot quicker than browsing all the way from K: for them.
I had tried what you describe and found that if I had previously created then deleted a favourite (with IR file end of path), then choosing as a new favourite 'Samples' (to use your structure as example) actually re-loaded my previously deleted favourite wth IR file.

Hmmm, I must be stupid or something :D. I just don't get it - if you save any sample in your directory as favourite, what is the problem then?
Vojtech

<< never mind >>
Last edited by DarkStar on Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inspired by ...

..."if you save any sample in your directory as favourite"...indeed that is correct, however, if currently there are no "favorites" or the search is for something "new," then navigating the tree structure is a pain. The workaround for me was to drag-n-drop from the OS.../s~

Aaaaha, so you mean hide all the parent folders? I'm afraid that won't be possible, sorry. But the drag & drop indeed should do the trick.
Vojtech

...yup...does the trick.../s~

Return to “MeldaProduction”