Is it possible to use MDrumEnhancer with custom samples ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Subject line says it all, is it possible to use MDrumEnhancer with custom samples ?

Cheers.

...absolutely...look down at the lower left of the panel, you will have the option of a "custom" directory and favorites..do it all the time...hth.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

You can also just drag & drop a sample onto the list ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Can I use multiple audio files or just one at a time. This way it could become a complete drum replacement tool or am I wrong?

It is NOT a drum replacer! It imposes characteristics of the sample, but does not play the sample itself. So no, that I'm afraid wouldn't work.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

So 100% wet doesn’t play only the sample ???

No. Imagine it similar to convolution. The sample you select is the impulse. So the dry/wet will work in a similar way. For the record, I am not saying it IS convolution, just a similar concept.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Ah okay, thanks for that.
Both ways would be cool and I get a drum replacer on top?! 😃

Sorry, but in theory it feels so easy, what’s the problem with it?

Drum replacement needs to detect the hit and then play a sample, which sometimes works well and other times doesn’t. You often end up losing dynamics, articulation, etc and sometimes you even get phasing. I’m guessing the idea behind MDrumenhancer was to avoid these things. I’m a guitarist and I’d be really pissed if I played a guitar solo for someone and then they took it, converted it to midi and used a guitar vst. However if they just ran my solo through some software amp, I wouldn’t be too upset about it. I’m guessing since Vojtech is a drummer he has similar feelings about drums.

Yep, that's pretty much it. Not mentioning the biggest problem - unless you are using simple pop/rock drums (in which case I have no idea why you didn't get the drums in electronic form in the first place :D ) the performance can be far too complex for a drum replacer, so setting it up to make it find all hits, but don't create hits that aren't there, is rather tricky. But with MDrumEnhancer there are no hits, it's just signal, so nothing can go wrong ;).
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”