The first MSoundFactory active preset ROUND 2 :)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will we be able to add samples?.....

operator wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:29 am Sorry, but this Subgenere List isn´t complete at all...
I never claimed that my list is a complete list. It's just the momentary list I have in my work register for all the music styles I ever made and categorized. ;)
operator wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:29 am My opinion is, that there are no genres... Genres are only for the "naive" listener to find the musical style they like to hear, without thinking to much in to complex musical terminology... a musician on the other hand thinks in time, frequency/timbre and amplitude... it´s only a summary of timebased frequencies which change in timbre and loudness (or sth like that :hihi: )...
This is a good point. I also do not like genre-captiosn THAT much, but in the end it can be a good thing for communicate with non-musicians, though.
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Tagirijus wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:05 am but in the end it can be a good thing for communicate with non-musicians, though.
Of course... but this is the point i wanted to imply... we´re not non musicians...

and of course i didn´t wanted to "attack" you about your list... :hug: this could be really helpfull to communicate to a customer or a non musical friend you do a favor for or just try to explain something...
but in this scenario i would recommend to avoid this approach... :ud:
Everyone knows more than I do...

is the melda site down for anyone else?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I just went to:

https://www.meldaproduction.com/

and it came right up with no problem. I didn't try any of the sub pages however.

Touch The Universe wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:55 pm is the melda site down for anyone else?
No
Best
YY

The site is working for me.

It should be working fine. If it doesn't for you, I'd recommend cleaning your browser's cache, and perhaps restarting the computer. I know there's like 1 case per year, when this happens and nobody ever finds out what was wrong, and at some point it just starts working... Seems like some connection problem on the network, on the road from our servers to the target computer...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Back to the genres: Now that's a problematic question indeed. I'll probably go for more generalized categories like EDM indeed... I originally copied the categories from Alchemy, but since all the genres are constantly evolving, it is indeed almost impossible to keep track... Hashtags could work, but I didn't implement them really... Perhaps we can just include them in the names if needed... But I think one shouldn't complicate things to much - I mean the genres are overlapping a lot. If you have a certain bass for example, it can be useful in half of the EDM styles. Rarely there's something so specific, that only one style can benefit from it (I don't think I could imagine anything actually :D ).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:23 am It should be working fine. If it doesn't for you, I'd recommend cleaning your browser's cache, and perhaps restarting the computer. I know there's like 1 case per year, when this happens and nobody ever finds out what was wrong, and at some point it just starts working... Seems like some connection problem on the network, on the road from our servers to the target computer...
Was connecting just fine for a while yesterday too, but issue is back again. Tried the few things you mentioned, not luck. Went to is it down.com and sure enough, it's up for everyone else :neutral:

No biggie, working on android :)
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

About reading embedded tag information, it's specified in most descriptions about the WAV/RIFF format.

https://sites.google.com/site/musicgapi ... ormat#smpl

It's the MIDI Unity Note attribute.

Information courtesy from rene from parawave audio. How they implemented multi-sample import in rapid is excellent, and effortless, so I sent him an email and passed this info here.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:07 pm About reading embedded tag information, it's specified in most descriptions about the WAV/RIFF format.

https://sites.google.com/site/musicgapi ... ormat#smpl

It's the MIDI Unity Note attribute.

Information courtesy from rene from parawave audio. How they implemented multi-sample import in rapid is excellent, and effortless, so I sent him an email and passed this info here.
Completely agree with you, thanks to you and rene.
Best
YY

Perhaps just having the sub-genre placed in the discription would be enough to let people search for things easily. Another small thing is you might want to add a super-category “Factory” to the bass, pad, lead, etc preset tree. That way when there are 3rd party presets made they will be separate from the factory presets and easy to find.

Another thing I talked to Vojtech about was the possibility of adding a way to change wavetables. I don’t think it’s possible to load wavetables from the easy screen, but if were possible to switch between them that would really help when making instruments/devices. Even with as few as 20 different wavetables you could make an interesting instrument. The same could be said about samples. Now with the drum samples I can’t think of many instrument ideas, but if it is possible to change samples a whole new world of ideas opens up. This might be difficult to implement, but I think it would be worth it and help produce better insturments.

I actually limited the set of genres and in the future I'd like the search feature look for hashtags in the preset descriptions (or names? or both...).
As for wavetables & samples, true, I need to think about that.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”