The first MSoundFactory active preset ROUND 2 :)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New updated FX concept. Cool new features:

1. More control over important FX like Reverb and Delay.
2. 2 multi mode distortions can be set to modes: Tube, Crush, Redux, Amp, Fold, Shape.
3. 3 multi mode modulations (1 is synced) can be set to modes: Autopan, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Vibrato.
4. Distortion and Modulation can be used in “Per-voice” mode using the title switch.
5. Delay and Reverb have ducking built into them.
6. EQ, Compressor and Enhancer can be before the FX or after using the title switch “Pre FX”

What do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

I'm not sure if that's a good idea, seems too complex to be honest. And that's me talking :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

It was too simple before for reverb and delay. I don't feel this is too complex, there are less panels than before with better focus on the FX that are more commonly used. I feel we need a great set up like this so lots of the preset creators want to use it and not just delete it.

What do others think?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

I wrote you an email about this...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

If we are going to have those in the Active Preset pro-forma, then I would definitely want to be able to re-order / delete them as "blocks" or "panels" or ... But not 1 MP at a time.

PS The EQ needs a [Collapse] button ;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I like the additions jmg8 made, but honestly I’d just stick to what was there before and move on. Trying to make everyone happy will probably be impossible. I doubt I could even make one that would work with every preset I want to make. Let’s get started, share what we have and let people pick and choose.

Jmg8, very nice and useful fx tab ! I like it,
It could works with a lot of presets, for sure, but, if my presets have a granular in the fx section, how should I do, I add it to the active fx tab?
This active fx preset tab could works great with some "generic " active generator, like : generator : wavetable synth, or mini moog style, or multi samples but I'm not sure if it could works for "creative " presets.
It's why, we should define exactly what should be an active preset, instrument because without that, like Chandler said, it will be impossible to make everyone happy.

All presets should be active,
Generic presets : fix fx architecture tab
Creative presets: freely architecture tab

I never try hallion 6, but I will try the demo, they have a similar concept with their macro and instruments.
Best
YY

Pardon me if this is a silly question, but are there things you can do with MSoundFactory that you can't do with MXXX along with MPowersynth?
Whatever the answer is, I have to admit that I keep buying "just one more" plugin from Melda, before I even really master the last one I got. I just can't help it!
Also, any chance that somebody could make a video showing what MSoundFactory can do so far? I'm totally intrigued!

sirmonkey - I don't think I can/should do a video yet, but I'll try to explain about. MSF is similar to MXXX, but instead of just FX it has synthesis added to it. Basically it is a digital modular synth that is already extremely powerful and more will be added in the future. I think the main highlights(besides the melda fx and amazing sound quality) are

1). Its modular and open ended. You can have 15 oscillators and filters if you want, so you aren't stuck with the same old synth architecture.

2). Per-voice control. In most synths if you modulate the pitch all the notes you're playing are modulated by the same amount and at the same rate. With MSF you can have each voice be handled seperately, which might seem like something small at first, but it actually allows a lot of natural and pleasing sounds that aren't possible on other synths.

3). Interesting synthesis modules. There are not only the osc from MPS, but also physical modeling modules, drum modules from MDrummer, a Wavetable module and several ways to shape them.

There are also a lot of other things it can do, but those are the main things. IMO its much more powerful the MPS. I think people will be blown away when they start playing with it.

Thanks for the reply! I'm eagerly waiting to see the initial release, but I can be patient, especially since I have barely scratched the surface of MXXX. So, I have plenty of fancy tools to play with, which will keep me busy for quite a while
As always, thanks for all of your videos, and the generous help you provide!

Another small thing I noticed is the genres for the preset selector. Perhaps it would be better to use “modern EDM” and “classic EDM” instead of all the genres like dubstep, house, trance, etc. I only say this because EDM changes so quickly you won’t have categories for popular genres while having other categories nobody is interested in anymore. Right now I think future bass, chillstep and synthwave are popular, but they aren’t included. Next year who knows what will be popular. You might also want to change Urban to hiphop.

sirmonkey - Thanks

100 % agree with you Chandler, music genre terminology move fast but sounds stay for long time. But tags are just tags, we could tags a sound to multiples tags. The most important tag is the sound category, poly, lead, plucks, pads....the music style is just a helper for newbies and a marketing argument.
Best
YY

Good point Chandler (out of topic, but still :D ). Btw. would you mind trying to write the complete list of genres you'd include?
Vojtech

Let me get my head around this, MSF is fully or heavily modular, correct, and at the moment, there is discussion on the layout of template presets, like how the effect section should look, etc. If it's modular, how important are these template presets going to be? Will these templates be square one, the most basic starting points, or will there be something like a completely blank slate from which components can be built based on need?

In that case, wouldn't it be a good idea to have lots of presets submitted, from completely blank slates, then see which feature get the most use, and then include those as template presets. Also, one could maybe spot trends in how people are structuring presets. In short, its a numbers game --> work out the averages.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch the Universe - It is fully modular, but there are 2 ways to use it. The first way it functions like a modular synth, think of the interface of MXXX or Zebra. You can combine multiple OSC with multiple filters, with mutiple fx and the limits are your imagination. The second way function like macros on other synths. Of course these could be simple 4-8 knobs or so complex it seems like a standalone synth. Right now we’re talking about the second way. The reason I haven’t started working on presets yet is because things haven’t been decided. It can take a while to setup the knobs and layout, so I really don’t want to have to redo 1 or 2 hours of work if the standard changes. I already have 1 I made that will need to be changed, so the rest of my ideas I’ve saved without any multiparameters. This is just something that needs to be worked out before things can move forward.

Return to “MeldaProduction”