The first MSoundFactory active preset ROUND 2 :)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks, so second attempt. Now it's all tabbed and the main stuff is in the initial tab, second tab is for effects (individual presets will need to have at least 4 effects, but not necessarily all of these) and the globals contain the stuff nobody needs, but sometimes we do :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yes, looks good to me.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Looks nice :)
:dog:

:tu:
Best
YY

Could you make the FX, 4 in a row, not 3? I reckon it will fit and then there would be no scrolling to get to the bottom of the screen.

jmg8 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:52 pm Could you make the FX, 4 in a row, not 3? I reckon it will fit and then there would be no scrolling to get to the bottom of the screen.
I am not a laptop user, so the screen real estate issue is not something that's in my face the way it is with others. However, it seems to me that a better solution would be to
a) default FX non-essential to the sound to bypassed (reverb would normally default to engaged and delay - I hope - would normally default to bypassed)
b) make the initial display mode of bypassed FX groups as collapsed

But also - probably a dumb question - where can I pick up this model preset?

I can't see that working. You see, it would need for the unused/bypassed FX to be adjacent to each other. If you collapse an FX, it will also collapse all other FX on that same row. Some of those might be used/active.

jmg8 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:01 pm I can't see that working. You see, it would need for the unused/bypassed FX to be adjacent to each other. If you collapse an FX, it will also collapse all other FX on that same row. Some of those might be used/active.
Hey, I'm just trying to accommodate you guys with little screens. :D

Seriously though, what I envisioned was arranging the FX so that the ones defaulting to bypassed would live in the same row. Remember also, that once an FX module is set up, it is often just left alone. Non-bypassed FX do not need to permanently be uncollapsed.

:tu: Looks good... :tu:
Everyone knows more than I do...

I’d still prefer the preset tree as a popup, but this doesn’t look bad. Everything is visible and you can browse while looking at the full active preset GUI.👌

I still think some of the global controls should be moved off of the easy screen and shouldn’t be controled by presets. Either put them above the level meter or add them to a settings menu. Parameters like “cents” tuning, alternate tunings, pitch bend range, velocity range/response and midi control range/response and maybe volume. These are things that shouldn’t be altered by presets in most cases, but are stored with the presets. In the case of controller response, they’re also hard to find. IMO these should all be “set it and forget it” controls, not something you adjust for each preset.

Still too complex... but better than before.
Ambient artist and sound designer to get chickens.
http://www.weatherm.net/

I also like it. I second buing around 60%. It's not that complex anymore after all. (=
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

jmg8: 4 is too much I'm afraid, trying to keep the GUI small enough, this seems optimal.

dmbaer: I was thinking about it too - having everything collapsed, so that it is more inviting. Not sure yet.

chandler: I'm afraid I cannot place it away, long technical story. Plus it may vary a bit from preset to preset.

When it comes to complexity - what do you is too much - the generator tab is imho simple enough. FX not so much, but there is a full set , plus it may be collapsed. And not many will go to Globals :). See screnshots below. Btw. I'm getting more and more fond of Aluminion instead of Titanium!

Question for everyone: Do we miss some effects on the FX tab?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:30 am
How about a comb filter?
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Tagirijus wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:34 am
MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:30 am
How about a comb filter?
Hmmm, I don't know, isn't that a bit too creative? I mean there should be space for some creative effects specific for each preset, but here I want the standard set. Comb filter is something rather complex that has to move etc., and there's like infinite ways to move it...
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”