MDrummer: Only playing fills ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to play only but fills on a MIDI keyboard w/o having MDrummer immediately jumping to a beat thereafter ?

EDIT: 'Sequencer mode' disabled would be it. But then MDrummer will play the break over and over again - is it possible to make it play only once per MIDI note ?

No idea :). Perhaps remove all beats?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

You can use the STOP command from your keyboard, but have to time it just before the end of the bar. All very weird and unpredictable...sometimes plays a little bit of a beat before swapping to the break (even with sequencer mode off). I don't think MD is designed for this sort of thing as a performance. I'm curious as to what exactly it is you want to do with this? Are you trying to trigger fills as a project is playing?

Yes, it's for having fills being played like an instrument. The main percussions/drums are from loops. MDrummer would be used to add improvised fills and whatnots. I thought of using the stop command although haven't had a chance to try it yet.

OK, I'm getting what you're up to I think (and I've looked again at your other threads about this).
So we have the muted beats thing and the STOP thing.
But yeah, a 'one shot' option would be good....Vojtech? Too hard?

This added feature would be an extension of being able to play MDrummer like an instrument, in addition to triggering samples in Pad mode.

What would be really extra would be the capability of triggering samples via MIDI and at the same time being able to trigger fills.

To be honest, I'd rather avoid that. If you'd see the spagetti code for the rhythm engine to make it work with all the various hosts and the s*** they do and all the various rhythms and the crazy stuff that's there... you'd understand :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I'm feeling insane even thinking about it!

Trying things around this I found out that, in the different context of having MIDI command notes recorded, that placing some C4 (stop command) here and there, well located, sometimes just a hint of stopping, can enrich a drum track by adding liveliness.

Cheers.

Return to “MeldaProduction”