ARA 2 implementation

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Vojtech,

would it make sense to implement ARA 2 into your plugins, would be nice for plugins which use an analyze button at the moment, like mautoalign. Instead of just analyzing just a small piece of audio, the plugin would analyze the whole audio in seconds. For me this would end in more precision or am I wrong?
Maybe it would also help for the big spooky mixing revolution plugin.

Thanks and greets,
Marek
Last edited by Svama on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Makes sense to me :)
:dog:

Hi Marek,

what is ARA 2? Any links? Seems that I got asleep a bit :D.
Anyways it wouldn't really give anything goot to the current plugins, but perhaps something in the future. MAutoAlign and others wouldn't really benefit, on the contrary, when the analysis signal is too long, precision problems increase.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Wikipedia:

"Audio Random Access (commonly abbreviated to ARA) is an extension for audio plug-in interfaces, such as AU, VST and RTAS. It is developed jointly by Celemony Software and PreSonus.

ARA increases the amount of communication possible between digital audio workstation (DAW) software and a plug-in, allowing them to exchange key information, such as audio data, tempo, pitch, and rhythm, for an entire song, rather than just at the moment of playback. This removes the need for audio material to be transferred to & from the plug-in and allows that plug-in to be used as a more closely integrated part of the DAW's overall interface."

"With ARA 2, the exchange of information between DAWs and plug-ins is more comprehensive, which makes additional applications possible. The new ARA 2 specification allows the simultaneous editing of multiple tracks, the transfer of chord track information between the DAW and the plug-in, seamless clip borders that make the manual setting of crossfades superfluous, Undo interlocking with the DAW, and more. The features then become available depend upon the specific plug-in and DAW."

https://youtu.be/5wEOKXFBLS0

I'll assume that because PreSonus were involved that Studio One has ARA, and at least one other DAW that has it is Cakewalk. Not sure when they're moving to ARA 2, but since they're pretty tight with Celemony, my guess would be soon.

Ara2 already inside Logic, Reaper. Maybe Cubase 10....

...very problematic in LPX at the moment however, there seems to be a lot to work out...
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Thanks for the info! Will check it out when the time comes and this comes handy ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I think that MCompare could benefit from ARA2.

Masi

masitito wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:58 pm I think that MCompare could benefit from ARA2.

Masi
That would be great ! In Reaper ARA2 works great currently !
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Double post.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Return to “MeldaProduction”