MXXXCore: filter to the owned presets ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to show in MXXXCore only what's relevant to the installed plugins ?

Yes, this would be handy, especially when trying out presets. I have several purchased plugins and MXXX Core. I like trying presets in MXXX, and it would be nice to be able to toggle off the plugins that I haven't purchased, or have a button that removes them all in one go.
Of course the chain won't sound the same, but I think that quite often I could substitute in something that I did purchase, or just head in a different direction and experiment.

Not entirely off-topic:

It would be nice to have a preset option for MXXX Core such that modules requiring a related product to be owned would simply come up as disabled, plus there would need to be a way to tie an MP to the enabled/disabled state of a module so that the easy interface would behave appropriately. That way, we could build MXXX presets that would be usable by MXXX Core users, even if some of the functionality were turned off due to lack of ownership of the related product. Right now, I believe such a preset fails to load - period.

For many presets, a partially enabled version of that preset would make no sense and be of no use. But for a great many other potential situations, this scheme could offer benefits all around.

No the patch should load but just with the module not owned in demo mode. What I do is either delete it (eg some have a limiter that isn't needed as long as you don't run the signal too hot) or substitute something similar (eg some of Patchpool's use one of the more expensive stereo processors, I just substitute one that I have).

aMUSEd wrote:No the patch should load but just with the module not owned in demo mode.
What is demo mode for modules? Is there even such a thing?

In any event, assuming the demo mode module issues periodic noise, for a complicated preset, how is the user to know which module is making that happen? If the module instead is disabled and resists attempts to enable it, that's much clearer to my way of thinking ... not that we're likely to see either of our ideas implemented any time soon. :wink:

dmbaer wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:No the patch should load but just with the module not owned in demo mode.
What is demo mode for modules? Is there even such a thing?

In any event, assuming the demo mode module issues periodic noise, for a complicated preset, how is the user to know which module is making that happen? If the module instead is disabled and resists attempts to enable it, that's much clearer to my way of thinking ... not that we're likely to see either of our ideas implemented any time soon. :wink:
Yes in demo mode you get an occasional hiss. It tells you which modules are needed when you load the patch. This is how it happens now - not an idea.

Expired demo mode is another reason to not show presets requiring plugins that are not owned or to show the presets, but disable plugins that are not owned.

I mean, AFAIC it's not a purchase suggestion to hear noise when going through MXXXCore presets when working on a project :)

The best would be to have a toggle. Since it can also be useful at times to explore presets that requires additional plugins. Like those times when there's a itch to buy another Melda plugin :D

Cheers.

aMUSEd wrote:
dmbaer wrote: Yes in demo mode you get an occasional hiss. It tells you which modules are needed when you load the patch. This is how it happens now - not an idea.
Well, I only have MXXX, not MXXX Core, so I can't validate this. However, the web site clearly states:

MXXXCore will not allow you to insert a processor that you don't own nor open a preset that uses that processor, and it will tell you what you would need to purchase in order to get it.

So, according to this, you do get informed of what ownership is required, but there's no demo hissing - the preset just won't open in the first place.

I don't know why it says that, maybe it used to be the case and it got changed. All I know is right now what it does is what I said:

Preset does load, all modules that are owned work, any that are not owned are in demo mode and hiss, and it tells you exactly what is missing. Also I found you can remove those or replace them with equivalents (fair amount of overlap in Melda FX) and resave the patch to make it functional in many cases (eg for me I have the creative pack and a couple of others so most patches do work or 90% work, those that don't have modules I can manage without anyway like this one).

dmbaer wrote:MXXXCore will not allow you to insert a processor that you don't own nor open a preset that uses that processor, and it will tell you what you would need to purchase in order to get it.

So, according to this, you do get informed of what ownership is required, but there's no demo hissing - the preset just won't open in the first place.
This is true. MXXXCore will not allow you to 'insert' a processor, eg. tu use a processor if you do not own it. It will load the preset and will tell you which component you do not own and if that component is physically available (eg. a demo) it will load it and there will be noise. But you can't insert it in your production meaning you can't use it.

Same as what aMUSEed is describing.

aMUSEd wrote:I don't know why it says that, maybe it used to be the case and it got changed. All I know is right now what it does is what I said
Aha. OK, thanks for the clarification.

Hi Everyone,

I just got around to installing MXXXCore that I purchased over the holidays, and have a few questions I was hoping those here could answer:

1) There is no separate MXXXCore dll, correct? In my plugin list, I only see MXXX and MXXX1.

2) Like aMUSEd, I have the Creative Bundle and selected other plugins. The hiss when I try to load a preset that includes a module that I don't own is indeed annoying. Has a way around this (other than manually replacing or deleting the missing component) been developed since this was last discussed in August?

3) How do you actually go about manually replacing a missing component in a preset?

4) I also have the paid version of the free FX bundle, and it seems that there are many fewer presets with missing components in MXXX1. Is that because MXXX1 uses the single band, free versions of MEqualizer and MStereoExpander (which appear to be the main components I seem to be missing in the missing MXXXCore presets?

5) Finally, as I mentioned it appears that most of my missing components in MXXXCore are MBEqualizer, MBStereo and MBCompressor. Is there a way to batch replace the single band versions of these from the free FX bundle into the relevant presets in MXXXCore, or at least have MXXXCore load the single band versions of these components automatically if the MB ones are not available (perhaps with a note advising that the MB version was replaced because it is not on the system)?

Thank you in advance for all your help!

1) Yes, it's just a licence.
2) No I'm afraid, you simply need to click and it will show you if there's something missing.
3) You don't imho, that would be an aweful lot of work and often impossible.
4) Stuff from MFreeFXBundle doesn't unlock anything, since it would contain like half of it for nearly no money :).
5) We don't have any components named like that :D. Anyways I don't understand the question. If you need the modules, the only way to get is to actually buy them.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thank you for the somewhat helpful reply. With regard to Question #2, it sounds like there is no way to remove the hiss from that particular preset without buying the missing module in question - is that correct?

With regard to Question #3, aMUSEd noted above that "Also I found you can remove those or replace them with equivalents (fair amount of overlap in Melda FX) and resave the patch to make it functional in many cases." My question was, exactly how do you do this. If Vojtech does not know (or thinks it is impossible), perhaps aMUSEd could please weigh in?

Finally, Question #5 is probably best explained with an example. Let's say there is a MXXX preset for which I am missing MCombMB. If I own the paid version of MFreeFXBundle, I would have a paid-for version of the single band component MComb. My wish is that MXXX would recognize that I have paid for MFreeFXBundle and automatically replace MComb (which I have) for MCombMB (which I don't) in the preset, thereby making it useable but without the multiband functionality of MCombMB. Ideally, this would be done for any other similar situation in MXXX - for example, presents that require MEqualizerLP (which I don't have) would substitute MEqualizer where available.

This doesn't seem like too much to ask. My guess is that it would render many of the MXXX presets usable and wouldn't serve to unlock the multiband functionality of the missing components - rather, it would simply automatically use the single band versions that I do have.

Ok so, if a module is hissing, it's in demo mode, basically it's like you are using a plugin that you don't own. You can remove it, sure, but then the device will stop working as intended of course.

#3 - this would be a very very specific case. Like if you own Convolution, but don't own Reverb, then you can remove Reverb and put in Convolution instead and somehow make it sound similar, attach controls for the device... quite frankly, too hard to even consider.

#5 - won't happen sorry. MXXX costs 999 EUR, this would make more than a half of it available for 149... It's clearly stated on MXXXCore page, which licences are required. We cannot get broke, just because we listened to people asking for MXXXCore and made that happen :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”