MSoundFactory Wishlist

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dmbaer wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:20 pm
jmg8 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:13 pm There is already a per voice delay module in the generator. Just use that. Lag is just another name for delay right?
This does not address the way I understood the original request (but maybe I got it wrong). I thought the OP wanted to do something akin to an LFO with a Delay capability, but for an effect. An example: a sound starts clean and distortion is added after some interval but there's just one sound, not a delayed copy.

If we just delay the sound, then whether it happens in the Generator or FX grid, it's still a delay of the original sound.
Ah, I see.
Erm. If we want no delay of the sound but just a delay of the effect starting, then I guess we need to modulate the Dry/Wet, right? We could set an envelope to do this, by using the delay stage of the envelope either in ms or in sync mode. Then the attack will determine if the effect will fade in or suddenly start. Have I got that right?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:41 pm
dmbaer wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:20 pm
jmg8 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:13 pm There is already a per voice delay module in the generator. Just use that. Lag is just another name for delay right?
This does not address the way I understood the original request (but maybe I got it wrong). I thought the OP wanted to do something akin to an LFO with a Delay capability, but for an effect. An example: a sound starts clean and distortion is added after some interval but there's just one sound, not a delayed copy.

If we just delay the sound, then whether it happens in the Generator or FX grid, it's still a delay of the original sound.
Ah, I see.
Erm. If we want no delay of the sound but just a delay of the effect starting, then I guess we need to modulate the Dry/Wet, right? We could set an envelope to do this, by using the delay stage of the envelope either in ms or in sync mode. Then the attack will determine if the effect will fade in or suddenly start. Have I got that right?
Hi. Yes. dmbaer nailed it. I suggested the envelope method akin the effects modules section a while ago myself but I also raised the question if this method would work as I wanted. I can't try it at the moment cause I am far away from my studio right now. I will test it in two weeks or so and report back.

I did use MSF for a while now and the more it keeps me experimenting...I think we need more envelopes and LFOs...
... Especially having in mind that if you use an 8 OP FM module it will be likely that you will use all of the 8 envelopes for this module alone. What if you want to use a second 8 OP FM module in the sound generator grid plus wanting to have multiple envelopes on filters and whatnot. It's getting a bit narrow than.

I already suggested to do 8 separate dedicated envelopes build into each opened FM module beside which are graphically placed beneath each OP line and could ADSR-wise be handled roughly with mouse drag points.

The future will stay interesting with MSF. I have the feeling this is just the beginning of a very long journey :)

Have joy and be sound.

jmg8 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:13 pm Lag is just another name for delay right?
No, not in a real analog synth. A lag generator delays the change of a (control) voltage gradual though not necessarily linear fashion.

In an ADSR envelope generator A, D and R are lags.

A possible use case for a lag is to "round off" the edges of a square LFO is . Or you can smooth the trasnsitions between the S&H values.

Masi

Yes of course you're right. I said because I ment that a n answered the question. In modular or semi modular world I know a lag generator too as something different for example to smooth out the sharp edges of waveforms.

In this MSF example I simply didn't find a better word.

Have joy and be sound.

How about using a per-voice Modulation Env, with its initial Delay set to what you want (or automated using a Multiparameter?

Here is a rough example:
-- Oscillator, followed by a Tremolo effect,
-- Per-voice Env1 has a delay of 1 second (and is controlled by Multiparameter 1) and a full level sustain,
-- that Env1 is mapped to the Tremolo's Depth (= Dry / Wet).

Paste this into a spare A...H slot in MSF.

Code: Select all

$eNqVl8Fy4jgQhu88hUq5JsE2Npgq21MTAtnUhoTBJDN7VOwGVCMkSpLZsE+-JQsDAQKenOz21393S43Uib59LBhagVRU8Bi7tw5GwDORUz6LcaGnNyH+ljSiYSoKng9IpoVcK9Ca8plCVzF2Mbp6YOKdMDUh7+V7P6dayJT+BzF2g7B73XY7+9Y+UesYd7ut647rYvTXj9elIoslK0M6GD2N0yWjWkNJuzF2Hc87NHsx9oIAoyH5eBq83DGR-bYRWx5Gw4JpOiKSLECDVD3BGFkqyEv5t6rYMPD80MFJlBbvI1bMKN-Ul0T2Nf1c58lQKTDINOTWI8bOdYArf1U9oEHB2DNZQIxfVEYZI1pIVEqq34+8TOvwM0a-Svs-MfbwFxldvXKqBO9z8s5gr8ovkk2idE6WgNJJfzQa99P+pIywIqwwW+XiZhI1PwfaGk6UMpGwEEyYOj4Z9jIPvsw8h6Wel9iVJBrKp1M5Iy4oX4HUxi2Jhi-31hX1RMFLI7q3Uubz2NmzK5k5Me7zFTKfJpJwNRVyQTQV3EH957dqDbpl4WMniZpb-SRSJ9bq7AI1t7t+zBy1WGOv6359sUgn1+O44Zxdw53Mbz9QI+rzlYvuISPrzeIx8+Tcdqs-P2hjNAYGRJltuQ0wSguliQlmF7Lc5VOtZMIbfRvG24l7+yLObRCGtYQ8K9Sqw7Ys69dhfcsGddjAsu06bNuynTpsx7JhHTZMGpE9ZPt8ddFhRzaip8GLi56Az8wvxHTPAV0S3kWidZHwLxLBRaJ9kehcJMLzxJjwXCzcw+Ng-zQI7WmwASsXr66Lt3Vp1XVpbV38ui6mg-+GtcoIgxrV7NCdm1ffzdT0BkxkVNcOecAfCHh-KLCfwSHa2EmNJChVSDiHUJ3N74DnZ5ihyH-OAdgZZEIX7xI6-hnkTgLRc8c7g-Q-liZjKrjrnsGehYaX6fSYeGA0B3sOHH3rCa6lYAykQinlMwa9OeEcWPVbOJiSkgODg+5hSgqm3+x84Nz67TDsOKHjB46H0YMUxTLGb4JmgBYiL5jdyBtkr1z08PrYE0zIGHcG-p3jDAalzQ6CQ5FDjJ-N9jOMPr-ZaaK8PDBKl7AZ3NJ-zdZN6MJOC9u02u2w4zstxw-DYGO2endrNKVSabSsajI3ZfVcTjJjwmcQY7+8bLeKoe+E3bbvBl7gY7T1sHl9VTC6QZuUK52yjQ8W9ciikkb0PdN0BaZ5QaNqjptIsIWaBbNXb49omAm5ftSweORT0UyiXiEl8BNeNtk9p1QTDUk0AKILCaqUNXOjkTaJHnDNjXISfR-ZzAy0n6lJXC7RuBzfPNtSZUVeEv2kuZ4PkygVhcwAjSRMKdMgNzO+kaqQZuXUiJqn-s1QSeN-pk76ZA==
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

That's what I said! Haha

I just want to manipulate effects modules chained in a row.
The patch/ sound as it is should always be the same when played. Only different effects should occur one after another after a.c. especially defined time.

nichttuntun wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:32 pm I just want to manipulate effects modules chained in a row.
The patch/ sound as it is should always be the same when played. Only different effects should occur one after another after a.c. especially defined time.
Yes, use the per voice envelopes delay for this.

That's what I said! Haha
;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Okay. Sorry for being a bit theoretically. I can try it out next week. Not in the studio right now. Thank you again for your great support and help.

Have joy and be sound.

jmg8 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:41 pm We could set an envelope to do this, by using the delay stage of the envelope either in ms or in sync mode. Then the attack will determine if the effect will fade in or suddenly start. Have I got that right?
Exactly right. I was just about to put a demo preset together for posting. Stay tuned - probably will post later this afternoon California time (assuming I can get it to work, of course :D ).

DarkStar wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:45 pm How about using a per-voice Modulation Env, with its initial Delay set to what you want (or automated using a Multiparameter?
The only problem/limitation is what FX can be treated this way. A per-voice modulator will only be available to modulate things in the generator grid, not the FX grid.

dmbaer wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:35 pm
jmg8 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:41 pm We could set an envelope to do this, by using the delay stage of the envelope either in ms or in sync mode. Then the attack will determine if the effect will fade in or suddenly start. Have I got that right?
Exactly right. I was just about to put a demo preset together for posting. Stay tuned - probably will post later this afternoon California time (assuming I can get it to work, of course :D ).
OK, here's the promised demo preset:

Code: Select all

$eNrVl0tz4jgQgO-8CpVyDeAXryrbU3mYWWohsJhJskfFbsAbIXklmQr767dkYyBAwLNVc9gLGPF1qx9yd8v99rGiaA1CJpx52GwYGAGLeJywhYczNa938Te-5o5CnrG4TyLFxUaCUglbSHTjYROjm++UvxEqZ+TNwxZGD5kQwNREgAQ1ePRwMJ9DpOSQLB5hxTEK4kRxESb-gIdNx2rftrv24WpA5MbDpmF1bju2g9Fvf-xIJVmlNDfKwGg4DVOaKAU5bmq2dbJsedhyehiNyMewP76nPHovtrQtjJ5Lj7sty+ka2HfD7G1Cs0XCtk76bvEz-OzsWW0hUIgUxIWEh41bB5fysnxA-YzSJ7ICD49llFBKFBcoVynfByx37PhvjF7z9T89vNd4ZNHND5ZIzgJG3ig8cEpJKiH+0ljfDZckBRTOgslkGoTBLN9hTWgGHu41ul3su+MUBFEJZxJNlkSCh+tGwzAdo9W2LKfb67Vx03ebuSbfbX62a7ewe5DnmJOA1w5y8PqFs+c8OhP+1sXwPyy5yKQO-eHvg1jbX8b6EVK1zLEbuWFRlXDLM+FungtIGbQTe-uUsAWIvcHbhQOLW9csrlsY3QiiilR2ek6vYxiGY9vtr+weDR4HU-0KN-+DD9US-+rX3ICtTd+dCVhxys8dTb1PDuWsVYW1CtauwtoF61RhnYJtVWFbBduuwrYLtlOF7RRstwrb9WtuUZwDtkZ3SpHo3cNGw7AwmgKF-M02Gm2Mwkwqot8dE19VvNPo19xhf2yiIbCFPmP6VTyic8K6SthXCecq0bpKtK8SnatE9zIxJSzmq-xAEybnXKzyMoqCp+cS7OZBLMFSxKoqYu1E7Koi9k7EqSqiT-rvsJERoVDBmz26F7Oqi2mfnoHyKFGVtzzijxRYP6ng0IJjtLZXpWcamQm4hCQqWt4Diy8wIx6-LAHoBWSWrN4EdJwLyL0AopaGdQEJPlJtccKZaV7AnriC8Xx+SnynSQxFHTj5b9gfS19-GqiYPYom2BfwdwYs2hQtkcfgYd1KUMDWQHkKulMRQVagQORNbqqbmR5wdCN6LuYQo2HryW8HbvveK6qjsnujOhqRhKG0ZCSqo0exab6AwqjUs326J9F7lm4rmDantAbdRfp4jOdzD4eKp0gmbEEBl+tMLxOh9uvbKmpi9AiUFG4OViuIE6JgX1UPKqxp-FyBPbTPd++yOOE7cyeC-wWR0qjvjnK3tcgnyHfDZMEIPVUdblh0UMC0pE6gX9TxX5HGdrt7Po27oUZnTc8oX+es0Wm1f0He7P973sziS-o1V3u9huLKhcqpdCag8EhfrQoPHoiCBRebgYLVgM1503e317VTqSJZerO7SaE5t-hgJ72xSNE0Hyu1WbWta5bvviSxWo58N+SZiLT-ME+oArG9w2lVJdIshWpu89xFU-q1fwHejpsC
There's a Chorus in the FX grid followed by a Flanger. Two envelopes (in Mod 1 and Mod 2) drive the FX-lag-ramp-up business. Since the envelopes are implement in global Mod devices, they are triggered in a mono-legato fashion: first note-on with no others playing starts the envelope, last note-off and no other notes playing releases the envelope.

With the first note of a mono-legato sequence, there's a 1 s lag and then the chorus ramps up over 1 s; 1 s after full chorus, the flanger ramps up over 1 s.

Interesting, thanks!

Some wish:

A Poly CV quantizer, with user scales, and a reel sample & hold with input and trigger via side chain. This could bring MSF into the modular world !

We could create some sequences easily and that, independently to the main arp. We could create complex drones with seq per oscillator, generative music, complex evolving harmonies, complete song......

Vojtech, if you listen :) it will brings Msf a step further!
Best
YY

Return to “MeldaProduction”