MSoundFactory Wishlist

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^^^

Not familiar with the sliders you mentioned
but
for multi-touch vertical sliders are best because it is easier to use multiple fingers at the same time.

nichttuntun wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:22 am Next small one:

SLIDERS going to left and right with their values should be controlled via mouse thru a horizontal movement. But at the moment it requieres an vertical up and down movement, whats not so good and confusing too. A fix should be an easy thing :) Thank you.
The panel element officially called a "Slider" actually works just as you say it should, with horizontal movement, and can be repositioned just by clicking on it in some other place besides where its handle already is.

The element called a "Button" has no handle, and the cursor becomes an up and down arrow when hovered above it, but the cursor disappears when you click-hold, and during movement. It's the one that requires vertical movement, and can't be simply clicked on to reposition it.

To change from one type to the other, or to any of the many other options, alt/opt-command click on the element to open the Editor for it, and select the type you want from the dropdown that appears when you click on the type name circled in the screen shot:

(fwiw, I personally much prefer the Button, as it looks cleaner to me, and I find vertical movement more natural and easier, requiring only finger movement, compared to horizontal movement which I find requires full-hand movement, pivoting from the wrist. Good thing you can have either and it's so easy to change!)

David wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:48 pm
Hi. Thank you for your help. Maybe I missed something (what wouldn´t astonish me concidering how deep MSF is), but you refer to to definition of the Multi-Parameters.

But I mean all sliders, which for examples are visible when you oben a module (or a stand alone plugin from Melda). Let´s open the synthesis module "FM" in the generator field. In this module there are a lot horizontal sliders and you cannot change the mouse movement there. I find it confusing to have to do a upward movement while I want to change values to the left and right on a graphical horizontal line.

I think also that you have a point with a knob. I also think its more convinient to push the mouse up and down there. Feels more natural for me too. Cheers

Ah, yes, the controls that AREN'T on the Easy Screen, NOT change-able! Sorry, should have realized you hadn't specified only Device controls.

At least they seem very consistent. I've never seen a "Slider", only "Buttons", along with Banks and Selectors, and of course all those vertical sliders for the Per-Voice modulation controls…

Yes :)
I try to be more precise next time what is not so easy with MSF but I'll try :). There is this guy doing his funny 'snake oil' videos on YouTube and he said this months before too. I guess melda didn't notice although their plugin spectral dynamics is one of the very few he didn't totally screw down ;)
Have a nice evening.

Hi again. I got a question and maybe there is a solution for that. When using several chained effects modules in the effects matrix... Is there an option to delay the starting point of the single modules? Let's say the first is a phaser which should start at once. The second is a delay which should set in 5 seconds later and the third one is a shimmer reverb which I want to start 15 seconds later after the first sound arrives at the effects chains input lane. Can we do it in MSF directly?

How about a Bidule type of modular environment so one can visualize the modules and the routing.
https://web.archive.org/web/20170926075 ... ts/bidule/

nichttuntun wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:37 pm Hi again. I got a question and maybe there is a solution for that. When using several chained effects modules in the effects matrix... Is there an option to delay the starting point of the single modules? Let's say the first is a phaser which should start at once. The second is a delay which should set in 5 seconds later and the third one is a shimmer reverb which I want to start 15 seconds later after the first sound arrives at the effects chains input lane. Can we do it in MSF directly?
The fact that the second effect is a delay is going to confuse things. Let's keep it general. You have FX 1 and FX 2. You want FX 1 to be heard immediately. You want FX2 to get the input of FX1 but delay its sound manipulation by some time interval.

Stick FX 1 in the grid in column 1 as usual. Stick FX 2 in the grid in column 2 but preceded by a delay 100% wet and set to the delay interval desired. The delay and FX 2 are placed lower than FX 1. Have the delay steal the column 1 signal.

For a third FX module, do the same in column 3.

If you want more control over the mix of FX outputs, put a mixer at the bottom of the grid.

Hi dmbaer,
thank you for the set-up advice. Yes good idea :)

There is a ne idea for a FEATURE-WISH-list:
A delay buttom in each module (you can do it via envelope control and delay the envelope but would it be the same?).

Better maybe:
A lag-module which can be inserted in front of desired modules. It could have some parameters to tell the following module when to play. After a certain period of time (free or bars). After a certain volume level is reached. After certain frequencies arrive etc.

Cheers

Actually, now that I think of it, this is much simpler than what was in my earlier response.

The "lag module" you speak of already exists. It's called a delay. Just run the delay at other than 100% wet and you'll get a mix of the first FX non-delayed with the second FX (that follows the delay). Control the mix levels with the delay's dry/wet. Set the delay to zero feedback to just get the desired lag. This is *much* simpler than what I suggested originally. Duh! :dog:

Ah. Great. Thank you again :)

dmbaer wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:52 pm The "lag module" you speak of already exists. It's called a delay. Just run the delay at other than 100% wet and you'll get a mix of the first FX non-delayed with the second FX (that follows the delay). Control the mix levels with the delay's dry/wet. Set the delay to zero feedback to just get the desired lag. This is *much* simpler than what I suggested originally. Duh! :dog:
Hold my horses! This "easier" way doesn't do it after all. I didn't properly think this through. My earlier solution is what's needed - not that it's all that much more complicated.

Haha. That's cool :)
Back to the beginning again. But I think nevertheless a versatile Lag Module would be a great addition. Let's say the reverb should set in after 4 bars and it's effect should fade in. Set the behaviour in the lady module of the following effect- or generator module.

You can set an envelope as a modulator to the dry/wet knob of the particular module and then lag the beginning of the envelope there I guess but I also think that wouldn't be the same?

Speaking of delay or lag... how about a buffer module and repeater module too? Would love to see one :)
Have joy.

So the "DelayTap" module will be best for this. Unlike the "Delay" module, it is 100% Wet with no feedback, also lighter on CPU. So it is perfect to be used as a simple lag module.
Route it like dmbaer describes, however, do not steal the input otherwise it will delay all the FX.
I assume the behaviour you want is to immediately hear FX1 and the after a set time FX2 will start. For this, you will have to run them in parallel, but that is OK, as you can take the input from anywhere so it can sound like series.
As for a buffer/repeater, that's what rhythmizer does.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Ah yes thank you. Great idea to use this module... And I never saw MRythmizer as a compatible buffer effect like for example Glitchmachines stuff. But with some work into it it could work, if working with random modulators. Thank you again :)

Return to “MeldaProduction”