MSoundFactory Wishlist

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The sub-views of MSF plugins can be detached and maximized. This would also be useful for the main MSF view.

akeia wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:24 pm The sub-views of MSF plugins can be detached and maximized. This would also be useful for the main MSF view.
You can already sort of do this now.
Right click on a tab (Globals, Generator or FX) and it will pop out.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

ok how about more options for processing of wavetable
eg
remove all odd or even harmonics ,etc
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Apratim wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:11 pm ok how about more options for processing of wavetable
eg
How should that work? Wavetables are a collection of single wave cycles connected in a row. You do not have them displayed as harmonics and so I think it's not possible to mangle the harmonic content. In the harmonic generator (OSC) you can do that.

focusrite wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:10 am
RedRoyQ wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:40 pm I must be overlooking this - In the 'Globals' tab, there is a parameter in 'Advanced Settings' for the lowest note and highest note to be played. How can I do this per generator? Or for just a few generators, not globally?
In an Oscillator generator there is a set of parameters labelled Midi Reset (Re)Trigger at the bottom of the generator. In my opinion It should be re-labelled "midi config"

Got that wrong. That pane is in the modulator

EDIT: Use the Modularex container and open the toolbar>midi>notes
I'm guessing you mean with the Notes tab here:

At first, I thought that's what this panel was for, but it seems not (and a test confirms that it doesn't):

Seems like you need a Global Envelope for each instance to set a note range. Any other options, anyone?

EDIT (from this thread posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=7406432 ):
n9research wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 pm Is there any way to map a drum kit using MDrummer? I'm not seeing anything?
I may have your intention wrong, but here's how I map a drum kit in one instance of MSF

(it's less annoying and convoluted than it appears, honest...)

1. Don't use the Generator tab (as you can't set the note range of individual Generators)
2. In the FX tab, place a Modular16 (or other modular, if you need more/less slots)
3. Enable MIDI Input for the Modular16 (right-click)
4. In each column of Modular16, place an instance of MSF
5. Set the note range of each MSF (by right-clicking the MSF you placed in Modular16)
6. In each MSF, build your sound!

If you don't need more than 6 slots, you can place MSF directly in the FX tab columns, rather than use a Modular (but you lose the ability to set oversampling individually for each instance)
Last edited by David on Tue May 21, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nichttuntun wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:23 pm
Apratim wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:11 pm ok how about more options for processing of wavetable
eg
How should that work? Wavetables are a collection of single wave cycles connected in a row. You do not have them displayed as harmonics and so I think it's not possible to mangle the harmonic content. In the harmonic generator (OSC) you can do that.
like the zero phase option for processing all the wavetables with their phase of all harmonice turned to zero
same way i would like some options like remove odd harmonic from all wavetable

or maybe something like this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYOVCxMuVjI&t=309

i know vojtech could make something like this since he made the same thing for reverb in his mturboreverb
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

eg
Halion can do that and much more just fine, either per single cycle waveform inside a table or for the entire wavetable.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:19 am
eg
Halion can do that and much more just fine, either per single cycle waveform inside a table or for the entire wavetable.
Thank you. Sounds interesting. I used Dmitris THORN a lot and there you have your normal Waveforms/ FM in the OSCs and the harmonic content manipulation is completely done in the formant-filter section. Maybe thats the thing you mean and the mentioned Plugins do it? If so...yes, thats an extreme cool feature which I for sure want to see in MSF too :)

Apratim wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:52 pm
eg
like the zero phase option for processing all the wavetables with their phase of all harmonice turned to zero
same way i would like some options like remove odd harmonic from all wavetable

or maybe something like this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYOVCxMuVjI&t=309

i know vojtech could make something like this since he made the same thing for reverb in his mturboreverb
There actually already is an expression evaluate in there, but I'm not good at math, so I don't use it much. Maybe I'll break out a math book and try to come up with something interesting. You can also import spread sheet data I believe.

All those steps/non-obvious function - Just seems more logical to provide a note range for every oscillator. There is really plenty of space in the UI, and it is more in line with the way the Global tab functions. I'd even accept a "Note Range" Module.

RedRoyQ wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:47 am All those steps/non-obvious function - Just seems more logical to provide a note range for every oscillator. There is really plenty of space in the UI, and it is more in line with the way the Global tab functions. I'd even accept a "Note Range" Module.
I would agree with that - though the method above actually works very well (once you collapse the matrices that you don't need to get the screenspace back), especially when you're planning on having lots of separate note ranges (like a drum kit, for instance)

The good news is that what you want appears to be on the roadmap already - see below:
MeldaProduction wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:42 pm The center note is NOT a MIDI filter. The MIDI filters aren't ready yet. Check the help ;). Center note only means which note will have no pitch shifting effect ;)

Here's a little wish that would help me out: How about the Device Preset Browser (or ANY preset browser) NOT automatically closing after a Replace? Actually, most ANY time a browser closes automatically, I'd rather it hadn't, but particularly when I'm tweaking a bunch of device presets, which I do a lot, it's a drag… Could that be changed, or become an option? TIA!

David wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:56 pm Here's a little wish that would help me out: How about the Device Preset Browser (or ANY preset browser) NOT automatically closing after a Replace? Actually, most ANY time a browser closes automatically, I'd rather it hadn't, but particularly when I'm tweaking a bunch of device presets, which I do a lot, it's a drag… Could that be changed, or become an option? TIA!
+1
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Hi guys. I submitted my first preset for MSF. It´s not a Device and relatively easy built but it has deep modulations going on.

"MAT - Singularity Machine"

and a much milder Version:

"MAT - Circular Engine"

You can download submitted patches via Global presets by pressing the "Download Presets" buttom. Enjoy :)

nichttuntun wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:52 pm Hi guys. I submitted my first preset for MSF. It´s not a Device and relatively easy built but it has deep modulations going on.

"MAT - Singularity Machine"

and a much milder Version:

"MAT - Circular Engine"

You can download submitted patches via Global presets by pressing the "Download Presets" buttom. Enjoy :)
Whoa, those are lovely, thanks! I'm going to explore these further, and see if I can come up with a device that captures the most impactful parameters, so I can make, and esp. SAVE, some variations as device presets, the main advantage of devices IMO. If I manage to, I'll definitely send it to you.

I started a thread here just for posts and topics about the user Exchange, and hopefully about the presets and devices people are sharing in it. So far, not much used but in case you want to check out what's there, and maybe re-post this, it's here:
viewtopic.php?f=138&t=525091&p=7401821#p7401821

Return to “MeldaProduction”