MSoundFactory Wishlist

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hehe that one should be easy :D :D
and mainly :love: !
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

....mmmmmmm...I wouldn't get your hopes up...if you're that "far in," just try doing a project without any Melda...at all...not even one...you'll see what I mean.../s~

:D
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

steve2KVR wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:46 pm ....mmmmmmm...I wouldn't get your hopes up...if you're that "far in," just try doing a project without any Melda...at all...not even one...you'll see what I mean.../s~

:D
If that was for me, then I'm afraid I won't even try :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

...oh, it's not personal...I think "it" applies to a whole bunch of people around here...just sayin'.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Another thing I've been meaning to mention for a while and just forgetting to do so:

How about an analog drift global parameter - just a single control like seen on any number of other synths. This is always just a single control for drift depth. Yes, we could do the same with a random LFO (and maybe a second LFO to randomize the speed of the first LFO). But that LFO would need to modulate the pitch of to every single oscillator - what a lot of work! The single knob approach is *way* more appealing.

I'll think about that. It seems to me a bit over the top, since I mean how many oscillators you have and all you need to do is drag & drop it on each one's pitch. Doesn't sound like "a lot of work"! ;) It's simple for synths with a few oscillators and that's it...
Vojtech

Could MSoundFactory be the replacement for the abandoned Absynth?
I am into ambient music so am looking for a suitable replacement.

Just noticed that this is an older thread.
Is it still active?

Interesting thread on MSoundFactory:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=524931

Looks like I will get MSoundFactory at the intro price. Very likely!

My MSoundFactory wish list:
1. Maintain the multi-touch friendliness.
2. To be able to host VST midi fx, or provide midi fx.
3. I really liked the Absynth Mutator, the best randomizer ever. Is some as powerful possible in the MSoundFactory
4. Iris style spectral manipulation.
5. Using my own samples especially long one is very important to me.

3. The Absynth Mutator? The best randomizer ever?
You have my attention.
I am a little bit obsessed with randomization algorithms these days.
I will have to check this out.
I think I remember using Absynth over 15 years ago, but back then, I knew very little.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:43 pm 3. The Absynth Mutator? The best randomizer ever?
You have my attention.
I think I remember using Absynth over 15 years ago, but back then, I knew very little.
IIRC the The Absynth Mutator was introduced in V5.
https://ask.audio/articles/the-amazing- ... -absynth-5

jmg8 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:43 pm 3. The Absynth Mutator? The best randomizer ever?
You have my attention.
Will like your opinion on the Absynth Mutator.
What are you favorite plugin randomizers?

Does MSF have multi core cpu support? Its easy to hit the cpu limit on my 3ghz 12 core mac pro with MSF considering how easy it is to build up a voice. I know making it simpler will help but then why have so much flexibility? anything to reduce cpu load or better distribute it would be welcome and allow for some amazing patches. :phones:

Then I saw this..
pone wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:00 am I've been thinking a bit and realised that the biggest feature I want is actually
Multithreading support
I know Vojtech's stance on multithreading, but I think now with each key possibly being very complex, multithreading should be reconsidered.
He has a stance on multithreading? Lord help us. He puts out a really cool product that bogs down easily because of its flexibility and then kills a lot of its benefits with a stance??? Sounds like Vojtech, unfortunately. oh well its his revenue stream. :dog:

I see plenty of cross-core activity when using MSF, looks to me the answer is yes. It still doesn't get me far, particularly when using higher levels of oversampling!

Related to this, something I would love to see (though I know in reality it's never likely to happen) is to have the ability to run instances of the Meldaproduction Kernel on networked slave machines, with the plugin interfaces and control on the Master/Host.. Along the lines of Vienna VEP or Cockos Reamote, but done Melda-style... I wonder if this is something that's ever been considered?

Neon Breath wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:00 pm
spektralisk wrote:Spectral/Additive resynthesis and morphing like in Alchemy please :)
+817.37! :pray:
yeah!!!!

WasteLand wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:09 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:00 pm
spektralisk wrote:Spectral/Additive resynthesis and morphing like in Alchemy please :)
+817.37! :pray:
yeah!!!!

Return to “MeldaProduction”