"Inactive Window Overlay" colour stuff...

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DarkStar wrote: But I have modified the Style to add tinted title bars and visible borders to the windows - that makes navigation / selection much easier for me.
Well, that does look pretty good I'll say...I'm going to keep experimenting, but I still think that Vojtech should look at this, or tweak it somehow...perhaps make some changes that would give DarkStar's approach even more variety.

More pronounced tints, for example, that kind of stuff. Things that improve contrast. :hihi:

The thing is, it's not such a big deal to make some color adjustments, but interestingly it's a bit complex to keep track of "which window is active" without overrendering the windows... I'll probably remove this thing entirely, it was just a failed experiment :(
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

But please keep the fifth colour ;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar, your border modification looks quite helpful. I couldn't find any obvious parameter for it in MTexturedStyleEditor. Is there parameter(s) you could point me to? Or perhaps share your style? Thanks!

...yaaaaa...for boarders.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Well the Style is a modified Titanium and it somewhat goes against the concept behind Titanium so I am bit reticent about releasing it. Unless Vojtech says that it is OK to do so.

For the borders I needed to change the Window Image and the 3 Captions in the Structured Style Editor. There was bit of trial and error and several other nudges too.
Inspired by ...

Well, feel free to release the style, no problems with that ;). Just name it differently, so that it doesn't collide. I won't remove the 5th color then, but quite frankly I already spent way too much time trying to make it work well on different systems and hosts and I just got tired of it... so well, sometimes it may work, sometimes not, that's unfortunately the way it goes...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Will do :)
Inspired by ...

It looks like this has been re-implemented in v12.
Inspired by ...

Actually it hasn't, but the kernel is sort of modified in various ways, so it's possible that something has changed, for the better I hope :D
Vojtech

Vojtech, have you been tweaking this at all, the inactive window feature?

I'm using Dark Star's lovely Excitonium style, and it is performing pretty reliably on my system now, much better than before.

Please keep this feature, it is great, very helpful.

It was reactivated, somehow, at some stage.

For the fifth colour, I suggest sticking to a dark grey "1F1F1FFF" or a dark version of the "Highlights" colour". You can also save it back into the colour palettes. And, to deactivate it, set the final "FF" to "00".
Inspired by ...

Nice to hear from you, DarkStar, luv Excitonium! :hihi:

It would be cool to hear from Vojtech here, and keep the thread going.

Well, because of the design of these plugs, this window organization stuff is important. I'm not sure that he understands how confusing it can get when windows that all resemble each other are blended together, on top of each other....

...because he knows these plugs...but what about the rest of us schmucks? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Mr. Melda, Get with it !!! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Why on earth do you think people criticize Melda GUI's? :party: :lol:

I'm on W7, 64 bit.

I do not think that Vojtech needs to do anything. (Assuming that it works on all systems.)

All you need to do is edit the "Inactive Window overlay" colour on the Style Configuration window then save it as a colour Preset.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 am I do not think that Vojtech needs to do anything. (Assuming that it works on all systems.)

All you need to do is edit the "Inactive Window overlay" colour on the Style Configuration window then save it as a colour Preset.
Well, that isn't really what I'm getting at. :hihi:
MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:34 pm The thing is, it's not such a big deal to make some color adjustments, but interestingly it's a bit complex to keep track of "which window is active" without overrendering the windows... I'll probably remove this thing entirely, it was just a failed experiment :(
I was asking him to take this feature a little more seriously, and if it really isn't functioning well from his perspective as a developer, then to keep working along those lines to get similar/ better results.

And the results should be a clear view of the active window, because it stands out well, and the Excitonium theme does help alot with this, but I was asking Vojtech to keep this feature, rather than "remove it entirely".

As I said, it is working quite well here and really helps with these plugs.

But what about a user definable border around the active window which is in a deeper level of the GUI, beneath the "theme level"? It would be super to define the colour & width of such a border.

Return to “MeldaProduction”