"Inactive Window Overlay" colour stuff...

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, on my system the "Inactive Window Overlay" colour often has not worked all that well. When I open up a new plug-in instance, it usually doesn't work...

So I recently realized that in Settings > Advanced Settings if I select "Enable Keyboard Input", then it works reliably! :hihi:

Vojtech would you take a look at this - or please explain why keyboard input would have any effect on the colour of the background window...at all? :hihi: Could something be adjusted here?

And I totally wanna thank you for adding this feature, man...because the way Melda plug-ins are built...well gosh darn that contrasting colour is super helpful! :clap: :party: :clap: :party:

Changing "Enable Keyboard Input" does nothing to the inactive windows here.

I must admit, I thought that Vojtech had withdrawn that functionality. (I have used that fifth colour is a some modified styles to affect the metwrs panel background).

My original post on inactive windows is here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=436207
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yeah I've not seen it work consistently, at this point if it can't be fixed just abandon it. My preference though is an opacity or brightness (to darken) setting so you can still see and read inactive Windows but the current window stands out more compared to the others. It should be subtle but enable the current window to 'pop' on the screen more.

So... you are having some issues with it as well? :hihi:

I'll tell you guys, the "Enable Keyboard Input" thing makes it work very well here, and - quite frankly, I was wondering why!

I consider this to be an important workflow feature for sure...I want to hear Vojtech's views on this. Nice to hear from you guys, maybe this needs tweaking. :hihi:

No isssues for me as I never use it.

@vectorwarrior - as long as the styles keep the fifth colour, so I can use it for Meter, Graph and other "control" backgrounds.

As for greyed out inactive windows (in v9.00):
Image >>> http://i.imgur.com/QJquDH8.png
Inspired by ...

Unfortunately it indeed works very sporadically depending on the host and OS... I'd personally like to remove it entirely...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yeah, I think you should get rid of it if it doesn't work consistently and it's not easy to fix. I'd rather you spend your time on something with more meaningful results and having something that's 'sort of broken' causes confusion to the user.

Hmm, I do not use the "inactive window overlay" feature so that functionality could be removed.

But please keep the fifth colour as I have used it in some of my Styles (for additional colour flexibility).
Inspired by ...

You guys don't seem to enthusiastic about this feature... :shrug:

Vojtech, I'd like to ask you if you are going to try to improve this at all. Could you take another approach? What about high-lighting the top part of the active window, the so called title bar, would that be an option? If that area could be given a different colour, that would really work. Or a nice bright border around the active window.

Yep, I tried it for a while, back in v9.xx but then disabled it (by setting the last two digits of the fifth colour to '00') and I couldn't really find a good combo. YMMV

For me, with further use of the plug-ins it becomes more natural to me that the active window is the one on top. But I have modified the Style to add tinted title bars and visible borders to the windows - that makes navigation / selection much easier for me.

From this: Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/yF3d041.png

to this: Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/sxpGqi6.png
Inspired by ...

...so now I get it!...+1100G for #2...now I'll have to reread this thread to see how to get that view.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

^^^^
? I'm not sure what you mean ;)
Inspired by ...

...referring to your post..."to this: Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/sxpGqi6.png"...I do a great deal of work on a small screen, so your color scheme really works.../s~

Ah ha .. thank you. :tu: But you should know that I have not published that modified Style.
Inspired by ...

...well then...the next question would be...mmmmmm...maybe a pm?...just asking.../s~

Return to “MeldaProduction”