MUnison - impressive plugin!

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jsp1979 wrote:Band name: Euphoric Confusion

MeldaProduction wrote:ZentralMassiv: Unison is spectral, not modulation :D
Ah, so under the hood it is spectral right? From a user perspective, "above" the hood, it appears more like modulation to me.

I made a short test of MUnison to see how well it worked doubling(tripling, etc) normal material. Please excuse my bad examples(I realize the quick clip of my voice doesn't sound so good). First I played each example with only reverb and then the 2nd time I played it with MUnison added. I think it came out pretty well. It didn't take too long to get good results either, which is always good.

https://soundcloud.com/chandlerhimself/munison-test

Nice work Chandler - the voice actually doesn't sound that bad, especially not when MUnison was added, almost sounds like a nice little choir. Which preset did you use for that?

I especially like the drums at the end! Didn't try that one yet! Very cool!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thanks. I used a preset I made myself. I've been experimenting and I've found a few tricks that work for different insturments. Honestly once you get the hang of things, it's easy to use this plugin. I'm sure this will make my life much easier, when it comes to basic doubling duties. Those types of "Epic" drum ensembles can cost a lot of money, but with this and other melda products I can get similar sounds using samples I already have.

:love:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

By accident I discovered that if you choose a low buffer size, the pitch detection difficulties of MUnison give quite a nice glitch sound, combined with reverb it gives some mystic life to the sound. I think definitely usable for the ambient or dirty sound department.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3347 ... ntDemo.mp3
(oops, starts quiet but gets pretty loud)

Maybe MGlitch could be the next plugin, which just offers some similar techniques to get this type of stuff intentionally.

Hehe nice one :).
Vojtech

I was trying to see if I could, say, just extract the harmony vocal(s) and not have the lead vocal singing through it. That way I could work with editing the harmonies after. Is this possible?
Ilk

Yes, use 100% wet.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

I'm trying to use Munison to make a small pizzicato group sound larger like how they did in the demo video with a single drum line and turning it into more of a drumming ensemble. Unfortunately I haven't found any presets that sound quite right. I'm thinking I just need a few voices tuned +12 and -12 to make it sound like a larger pizz group but my experiments in programming this from scratch haven't gotten very good results either. Any programming tips to achieve this??

TIA,
jb

jbarish wrote:I'm trying to use Munison to make a small pizzicato group sound larger like how they did in the demo video with a single drum line and turning it into more of a drumming ensemble. Unfortunately I haven't found any presets that sound quite right. I'm thinking I just need a few voices tuned +12 and -12 to make it sound like a larger pizz group but my experiments in programming this from scratch haven't gotten very good results either. Any programming tips to achieve this??

TIA,
jb
I'd set the pitch by ear, but maybe between 0.05 and 0.1. It doesn't need to really detuned. Try messing with the time parameter. Perhaps 70ms or so. More if you want a looser sound. I'd turn the formant down a bit too. Try changing the spectral settings too. Sometimes making it bigger will sound better.

ZentralmassivSound wrote: Maybe MGlitch could be the next plugin, which just offers some similar techniques to get this type of stuff intentionally.
Yesss please!

I would love MGlitch too. Maybe it could be MTurboRhytmizer.
MRhythmizer is great bit i would like to see lots more modules and a more advanced filter. Also a global step sequencer for turning on/off the FX.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Return to “MeldaProduction”