PRODUCTS

Thank you folks :love:

Franz: These plugins are actually VERY different:
MAmp
MMultiBandDistortion
MMultiBandSaturator
MMultiBandWaveFolder
MMultiBandWaveShaper

It wouldn't make sense at all to make a single plugin out of all of them. There's no need for me to explain the differences, just check the websites, there is not much in common, except they are multiband :).

vectorwarrior: I'll check, but it's possible it will just be the way it is. Most likely phase thing.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:There's no need for me to explain the differences, just check the websites, there is not much in common, except they are multiband :).
I read the descriptions on the website and tried to make the chart below. In my mind, there is overlap between them and confusion as to which plugin is to be used when. I think you need an advanced degree in Melda-ology to make sense of all this. :)

Instead of churning out an endless stream of new plugins, I still think you should consider some kind of consolidation. For example, make one or two plugins that has the most useful characteristics of these 5 plugins. Then give the 5 plugins "legacy" status so a Melda newbie would be presented with a simpler and friendlier choice of what to use.

There is no legacy thing :D. These are just very different plugins. Not like a compressor modelling this, and another compressor modeling that, which indeed would be the same. MMultiBandDistortion is like a big distortion device mainly sort of modeling guitar amps. Saturator is sort of modelin saturation devices, very useful for mixing, mild saturation only, nothing like guitar distortion. MAmp is similar, that's the only exception, but it sounds different, and is simpler. MMultiBandWaveShaper is waveshaper, a very different thing obviously. MMultiBandWaveFolder is sort of something in between, it's a simulation of a particular analog device, which essentially works like a waveshaper, but well sort of only :D, and again, it has a very distinctive sound ;).

Anyways, they SOUND DIFFERENT!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

vectorwarrior wrote:Just found a sort of bug with MUnison...

on first playback the first little bit (maybe half a second) sounds 'smeared'. After that it is fine.

Repro steps:

-take single drum hit like a snare, place on track (i'm using reaper)
-place munison on track
-playback on loop of around a second, with just the snare solo'd
-notice the first snare sounds different to the rest
-also, render out the snare
-listen to the render, notice the render sounds smeared

This problem existed in MSpectralDynamics for a while, Vojtech fixed it a while back. I should have checked this in the beta.
I just checked and it seems fine here. Could you send me a tiny little project in Reaper? Including the snare sample please.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:
vectorwarrior wrote:Just found a sort of bug with MUnison...

on first playback the first little bit (maybe half a second) sounds 'smeared'. After that it is fine.

Repro steps:

-take single drum hit like a snare, place on track (i'm using reaper)
-place munison on track
-playback on loop of around a second, with just the snare solo'd
-notice the first snare sounds different to the rest
-also, render out the snare
-listen to the render, notice the render sounds smeared

This problem existed in MSpectralDynamics for a while, Vojtech fixed it a while back. I should have checked this in the beta.
I just checked and it seems fine here. Could you send me a tiny little project in Reaper? Including the snare sample please.
Just sent you a reaper project. I believe the key to reproducing the bug is to increase the delay time setting. By increasing it to 100ms (which is still pretty low) you can hear it.

Thanks!

MeldaProduction wrote:These are just very different plugins.
Take a look at Kombinat Dva by Audio Damage:

It contains 13 different "Distortion Engine" types in ONE convenient, simple plugin. They didn't make me choose between 13 separate plugins. If they could do it, so could you. :wink:

Using MUnison in MXXX drastically reduces CPU load because MXXX obviously does multi-threading, so e.g. in Logic X (10.2.2) a setting with 50 voices, and small resolution (like below 5 ms) and high delay times (1000ms) which would kill CPU in the single MUnison plugin plays flawlessly inside MXXX. Opening the CPU distribution in Logic I see up to 8+ cores of my MacPro being used, that's great!

Woah, that's awesome. Thanks for the tip.

Hmmmm, what ? :D Nope, that shouldn't be right :D. It should take pretty much the same CPU.
Vojtech

No it doesn't reduce CPU here.

Something I noted though, MUnison kills my CPU even when bypassed :D While MUnison in MXXX does not.

BTW why is Unison under Spectral and not under Modulation?

MeldaProduction wrote:Hmmmm, what ? :D Nope, that shouldn't be right :D. It should take pretty much the same CPU.
I'm just reporting my observations and I'm not dreaming, so “should“ and “reality“ differ in this case.

ZentralMassiv: Unison is spectral, not modulation :D. It doesn't bypass because of its latency - it needs to work on background, just in case the bypass is automatized, so the smooth transition can be done. That can be disabled in Settings.

Sampleconstruct: How about this - could it depend on the audio? I mean is there any difference if you play silence or something. Or if you have just some audio and put MUnison and MXXX one by one and disable one or the other, ensuring the audio is the same. Is there a difference?
Vojtech

I tried MUnison and MXXX/Unison here in separate tracks with the same audio, with the "Army of Giants" preset. When stopped both had about the same CPU load. On playback both went up a little but were still about the same.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

MeldaProduction wrote:
Sampleconstruct: How about this - could it depend on the audio? I mean is there any difference if you play silence or something. Or if you have just some audio and put MUnison and MXXX one by one and disable one or the other, ensuring the audio is the same. Is there a difference?
So in a 1:1 test, both using MUnison/MXXX directly on an instrument track and/or a Bus, both were the same and both were using multiple cores in Logic X, I was indeed dreaming, sorry for talking crap and causing euphoric confusion, but it felt so much better for a moment :)

Band name: Euphoric Confusion

Return to “MeldaProduction”