MTuner - is MIDI out functional?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I couldn't figure out how to assign it a MIDI channel -

Thanks for any help!

Last time I checked it was, but it highly depends on the host. For example via AU it will rarely work... But in Cubase for example it should work just fine.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok, I have Cubase, so it must be me.

When I hit enable, here is what happens: I don't see a dialog to choose a MIDI channel. Back in Cubase, Melda doesn't show up as a possible MIDI in, and recording with "Any" as the in option yields no recording.

Any suggestions off the top of anyone's head?

Thanks -

Melda latest (9.02), free-ware version of MTuner; Cubase 7.5.40, i5 16 bit.

Anyone with any thoughts?

I'm thinking maybe MIDI out is defeatured because it's part of the free bundle?

Hmmm, I just tried and everything seems just fine. I created instance of VST2 and VST3 MTuner in Cubase 8 64-bit and then 2 MIDI tracks, assigned MIDI in, one MTuner as source for each. Exactly the way it should be... Maybe contact me via info@meldaproduction.com and I'll send you the project.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Hmmm, I just tried and everything seems just fine. I created instance of VST2 and VST3 MTuner in Cubase 8 64-bit and then 2 MIDI tracks, assigned MIDI in, one MTuner as source for each. Exactly the way it should be... Maybe contact me via info@meldaproduction.com and I'll send you the project.
Thank you for checking!

The weird thing is that when I went to assign the MIDI in, MTuner didn't appear as a potential in.

In MTuner, are you doing anything besides hitting enable MIDI? No further dialog opens when I do ...

Thanks -

Not really, I really just added MTuner and the MIDI input was there.
Vojtech

I don't know Cubase, but in Reaper I'm recording track OUTPUT to get the midi.

If I record output to same track as MTuner is on, it records as channel 1.
If I send the midi to another track (and record its output), I can direct channel 1 to any channel I want.

I think MTuner outputs on only channel 1. Vojtech?

All good here, thank you Mr. Melda (for the general public, he emailed me a working Cubase project ... what service! Too bad there isn't a poll for "Best Service by Plug-in Company" or something like that, I would nominate MeldaProductions)!

hehe thank you! :D :love:

goldglob: Yes, it outputs everything on channel 1.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:42 pm Hmmm, I just tried and everything seems just fine. I created instance of VST2 and VST3 MTuner in Cubase 8 64-bit and then 2 MIDI tracks, assigned MIDI in, one MTuner as source for each. Exactly the way it should be... Maybe contact me via info@meldaproduction.com and I'll send you the project.
Having problems getting MTuner (VST2 or VST3) to send MIDI notes in FL Studio (V20; 32- or 64-bit), either inside or outside of Patcher. Has anyone done this successfully? Any word from the developer?

In Reaper I was able to record the MIDI notes choosing "MIDI output" as source. I used two tracks: one with the audio source and MTuner sending MIDI two another track with configured for MIDI recording.

Masi

I'm afraid I'm no expert in FL. But since it is working in Reaper, the feature is working. Try contacting IL, they are pretty efficient.
Vojtech

My use case in FLS 20:
1.Insert MTuner in an effect slot of the mixer
2.Enable the midi out in MTuner
3.Set the output port in the MTuner wrapper (green arrow switch)
4.Set the same number in the wrapper input port of a VST you want the midi from MTuner to go to
5.Play audio through the mixer insert of step 1
2019-01-09_FLS_MTuner_MidiRoute.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yeah, NTO, thanks, that is the setup I've tried, in addition to a rig in Patcher, but as I can tell from hooking up a MIDI Monitor plugin, the MTuner I am using (from the downloaded maudioplugins_12_10_setup.exe) refuses to send any MIDI at all in my FL. As you can make it work in your FL Studio, the issue is probably some minute detail in the environment or with the plugin.

From this thread in the FL Studio forum, I read that the issue persists at least with one other user.

Return to “MeldaProduction”