Checking back...

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks.

I'm checking back here after a long break for a sneak peek...

I'm glad to see that Cantabile 3 made it and is out now! I've noticed with joy that a lot of ideas have been implemented in v3 that have been discussed with v2 but were too hard to simply been added.

Concerning my needs I have found that there is no serious way to create an arranger keyboard like setup on a PC / software combi without a lot of fuzz and inconvenience.

Comparing prices I'm personally be better off with a HW solution.

The new pricing scheme with Cantabile is for sure ok for pro band players considering especially the good support I've experienced in the past but too much for me personally to just have a fun look on v3 today.

On the sound side I'm not just interested in usual stuff but some ethnic world folk things too and this is comparably easy to get for psr (live playable) but difficult with affordable and playable (without all the silly keyswitching things) sampling libs.

At the end of the day I don't really need studio quality sound and prefer an easy to carry all in one package even that means some compromises.

Of course that's my very personal conclusion and everyone who has followed my older posts know that I was and still am very positive concerning the technical value of Cantabile, maybe the best vst host for live players around - if this is what you are looking for!

I wish v3 to become a huge success and try to check back from time to time.

TiUser
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...

Hello TiUser, have to reckon your long time work here doing support to many people me included. So thank you for that.
I have similar feelings about the new Cantabile 3 pricing, a bit too steep for me, the previous price seemed very reasonable and affordable, but has had a strong increase.
I have the feel that it is also a bit too complicated, I was expecting a more intuitive and maybe graphical approach. I know it has evolved in this direction to cover almost all if not all of the needs for a live musician, but but if it is too complex it can be counterproductive to use live, at least I have that feeling when I read the info available.I use several guitar processors and midi guitar but most of my friends guitarists prefer to use much simpler systems, especially for direct, I think this is an undeniable trend among musicians.
Anyway I also think it's one of the best programs for live performance and I hope to have much success.

Hi there!

First of all this forum seems to be depreciated and discussions have been shifted to Cantabile's site special forum.

Just to end up, options are not everything. Sometimes less is more.

Cantabile is great. Pricing has been adjusted to the effort put in it. If it's worth is a very personal decision.

I personally concluded that I have cheaper options for my needs than going the pc vst live road thing. It's too much effort, too time consuming and too expensive for what I can do with it.
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...

Return to “Topten Software”