Subsession program change not working

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see the Program pull-down in the VSTi Rack.

I select the programs that I have "organized", select one and save the subsession. I do this for a couple of subsessions, but they dont change Programs when I recall them.

I'm stumped. Can anyone give a summary on how to make this work? Thanks,

Hi,

never used subsessions but as far as I remember this can be handled similar to sessions. Here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1#p5841911

I posted a short howto to this item.

Good luck, humphrey
hosts: c8.5, cantabile3.0, forte4.0, live 9, trakor
hardware: i7 4770k, i7 4702qm, all audio converters RME, KH120A
vsts / vstis: u-he, voxengo, fabfilter, izotope, lexicon, waves, spectrasonics, ni, steinberg, gsi, uvi, xfer & others

Thanks, but I'm just trying save and recall/control the patch changes of my vst-i's in Cantible......especially Lounge Lizard and UVI Ravenscroft piano. Anybody else have a simple tutorial?

Not all plugins allow access to their programs.
Here's one that does.
Makes sure the Subsession Behaviour (right click the plugin) has program changes enabled.
You can also enable the Entire Bank to load in Subsession Behaviour. That will apply a more 'sledgehammer' approach where the entire contents of the instrument will be updated. For many plug ins that is the only solution and it can work fast enough for non sample based plugins.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

can you please clarify or direct me to a tutorial on how to deal with this Program Organiser feature?. Do I need to create my own "bank" in Program organiser and will that be available whenver I use that vsti? Do I also need to save and name each patch in the program organiser in order to have a recall of programs when I recall a subsession?

Thanks,

Here's the shortcut to making subsessions load the preferred settings:
subbehav.jpg
Just right click the plugin, set subsession behaviour to the 'entire bank'.
Now any changes you make within a subsession, including the patch, will recall with the subsession.
Much quicker than futzing with the program organizer.
Use with anything that isn't loading large sample libraries.

Not everything plays nice with the program organizer (which is for those VSTi that don't conform to the usual integrated vst bank protocol) and you may find that you don't even see one starter program to work from.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Topten Software”