(2014-12-10)New and Improved Price for Helix

Official support for: audjoo.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whitelight wrote:A Helix copy is still a persistent wish of me. But the fallen price makes me afraid that you are tired of improving it and want to do something else. Repeating envelopes, shimmering EQs, evolving delays or automationdifferences per note are still a dream of me. Kind gesture, but not what I've hoped, Jonas.
Not sure if "gesture" is the right word here, it's rather a business decision i would say. If you like it or not is another question. I'm really happy that it's available for the price now. It's much more worth than the asked price for sure. Surely in the same league as the Sylenths, Zebras, and Dunes of this world. And one of the nicest supersaws i ever heard. :oops:

baconpriest wrote:Both AU and VST are installed to the user library ( install for me only is the only option given ). I have moved these manually to the system library but it doesn't work either way.
I'm using OS 10.8.5, by the way.
I use the same OS 10.8.5 and had similar experience. The new installer (below) fixed the problem and now helix installs fine!
Last edited by Michael L on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

baconpriest wrote:Both AU and VST are installed to the user library ( install for me only is the only option given ).
I have moved these manually to the system library but it doesn't work either way.
I'm using OS 10.8.5, by the way. I see no mention on the website of what OSs are supported, could that be an issue?
First, let me Congratulate you on you username. Bacon is always relevant. Very interesting, the installer was supposed to install them to the system dir, I probably have a part of the install-script depending on it. It's possible that with a new version of OSX somehow prevents that, thus messing up the installer. Thanks again for the help. Wonder if it has anything to do with the user running the installer having admin rights? I'll get on 10.8.5 also and figure out what's wrong. Thanks for your patience.

Don't want to moan. Since my first touch with helix, i began to realize very late that it's capable of doing even more than I've imagined first.
I am happy with the new price,
but would be happier together with inventions, because they are beautiful to me.

baconpriest wrote:Was very interested in trying this, so downloaded the mac demo. Helix shows up in Live9 (32 bit) but won't open. The VST doesn't show up at all. Logic just says it cannot be opened. Any idea what the problem might be?
Turns out that later versions of MacOSX changed the behavior of my nice installer. I made some changes to the installer and this seems to work. (tested in Live 9, OSX 10.9.5)

Please try this out:
http://www.audjoo.com/h/dl/audjoo_helix ... taller.pkg

love helix the more i take the time to explore some of the presets deeper in the browser...the editing mechanism is one-of-a-kind...truly efficient and inspiring. it's got a great sound and is about as versatile a synth as you can find and is never grating on the eyes.
great work...great price for what is destined to be a classic workhorse for years to come....thank you.
i used to always push the envelope...until someone showed me a letter-opener.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1zHly4zwgI

Yeah, I'm having this problem. The VST doesn't show anywhere on my Mac (OSX 10.10.5)

I may have to ask for a refund -- don't know why the demo works fine, but there's NO VST or AU components for me so impossible to connect the license!

Did you also check in the User/Library/Audio? (press Option, then Finder/Go to see the User Library?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I had no trouble whatsoever on the Mac (High Sierra).
Some quite astonishing sounds, especially the emotive warm pads.
It wont verify in Minihost modular though - looks like a Juce error.
Otherwise fine in Cubase 9.5.3, Reaper 5.95, MU.LAB 7
:)

i bought it...it a cool and complex synth...

Can't believe that it's already more than 4 years again since the new price...

which is the last OSX system compatible with Helix? High sierra?

Xryz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:54 am which is the last OSX system compatible with Helix? High sierra?
I use it on Mojave
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I didn't expect this.

Trying the Demo version on an M1 Mac Silicon under rosetta and latest Big Sur.

it runs surprisingly well!!

:)

Helix Runs fine on Big Sur 11.6 (intel)

Return to “Audjoo”