(2014-12-10)New and Improved Price for Helix

Official support for: audjoo.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

After all the Turkey-Day Price-Madness that goes on here in the states I got a bit inspired. Helix has been around for a long time now, and I think it's time for a price drop.

New Price $75 (including VAT for you Europeans)

So if you've been on the fence about Helix I hope this makes it easier to take the plunge!

As always find it here: http://www.audjoo.com

Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays, whatever floats your boat),
Jonas

First time I heard from Helix. Sounds like a great synth. Sadly my budget is already down ;)
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Jonas, is Helix still NFR? It's basically the only thing that's holding me back from buying it.

I once had a Helix license which I had to sell before the terms changed and Helix became NFR. I really liked the synth, so I recommend everybody to check out the demo. Great sound, deep editing capabilities and light on the CPU. :tu:

Was very interested in trying this, so downloaded the mac demo. Helix shows up in Live9 (32 bit) but won't open. The VST doesn't show up at all. Logic just says it cannot be opened. Any idea what the problem might be?

Aw, that's a really tempting price! I always liked the last free beta version, time to demo this. 8)

baconpriest wrote:The VST doesn't show up at al
I had the same experience. I downloaded the mac demo, opened the package, it "installed" 5MB, but doesn't show up in VST, AU, or Presets. I tried 3 times.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Glad to know it's not just me.

paterpeter wrote:Jonas, is Helix still NFR?
Yeah. Still NFR, Sorry.

baconpriest wrote:Helix shows up in Live9 (32 bit) but won't open. The VST doesn't show up at all. Logic just says it cannot be opened. Any idea what the problem might be?
Thanks for reporting this. Should be able to have a look this evening.

That's great news. I'm gonna get helix this weekend. I've been wanting to get it.
musisikamar.com

Just bought it, after 5 minutes of demoing. What a sound. :D

A Helix copy is still a persistent wish of me. But the fallen price makes me afraid that you are tired of improving it and want to do something else. Repeating envelopes, shimmering EQs, evolving delays or automationdifferences per note are still a dream of me. Kind gesture, but not what I've hoped, Jonas.

JonasNorberg wrote:
baconpriest wrote:Should be able to have a look this evening.
Thank you. Please let us know when you have fixed it.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote:
JonasNorberg wrote:
baconpriest wrote:Should be able to have a look this evening.
Thank you. Please let us know when you have fixed it.
This is gonna sound lame but "it works for me".

My first guess is that the installer failed somehow:
Would you make sure the file called audjoo_helix.vst lives in /library/audio/plug-ins/vst?

Thanks!

Both AU and VST are installed to the user library ( install for me only is the only option given ).
I have moved these manually to the system library but it doesn't work either way.
I'm using OS 10.8.5, by the way. I see no mention on the website of what OSs are supported, could that be an issue?

Return to “Audjoo”