Controlling the big Fader

Official support for: audjoo.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Jonas,

I'm just demoing Helix and what can I say, other than :love:

One thing that came up really quick, is the wish that the big middle fader should transmit and receive vst automation. And it schould always be the same number, regardless what parameter the fader controlls. When the fader jumps, because a new control was clicked at Helix, the fader should transmit the new vst automation value.
This way it would be possible to map the vst automation number of the fader to a midicontroller and when ever one clicks on a control at Helix, that control can be instantly controlled with the midicontroller :o :-o :love:

That would be a fantastic iterpretation/ improvement of Novations attempt of the speeddial, but not that stupid mouse emulation.
With an endless dial and a mouseclick... fast and great haptic control.

Can you implement this?

Cheers!

pitchit-8 wrote:Hi Jonas,

I'm just demoing Helix and what can I say, other than :love:

One thing that came up really quick, is the wish that the big middle fader should transmit and receive vst automation. And it schould always be the same number, regardless what parameter the fader controlls. When the fader jumps, because a new control was clicked at Helix, the fader should transmit the new vst automation value.
This way it would be possible to map the vst automation number of the fader to a midicontroller and when ever one clicks on a control at Helix, that control can be instantly controlled with the midicontroller :o :-o :love:

That would be a fantastic iterpretation/ improvement of Novations attempt of the speeddial, but not that stupid mouse emulation.
With an endless dial and a mouseclick... fast and great haptic control.

Can you implement this?

Cheers!
It sounds strange to me... maybe my view of automation is different from yours :)

You can already use automation on all parameters in helix (but the big-slider is not a parameter...)

What I ment is the ability to have one (endless) knob on my midicontroller, that controlls whatever parameter is clicked on Helix.

I know that every parameter (exept the fader) has automation, but that means every control needs it's own knob at the midicontroller. So when I'm editing a sound and want to change, let' say 20 parameters, I need 20 knobs on the midicontroller or have to deal with banks.

I think it must be very fast and fun to have the mouse in one hand , clicking on a parameter at Helix (or even only hoovering) and the other hand stay's on one knob. When that knob is endless and receives the value from the clicked/ hoovered parameter, it can be instantly changed. No searching for the right knob or bank :)

Because in Helix every clicked parameter is transmitted to the big fader, making that fader vst automation transmitting/ receving, with allways the same parameter number, means the above described would be possible.

What do you think?

pitchit-8 wrote:What I ment is the ability to have one (endless) knob on my midicontroller, that controlls whatever parameter is clicked on Helix. [snip]
When that knob is endless and receives the value from the clicked/ hoovered parameter, it can be instantly changed. No searching for the right knob or bank :) Because in Helix every clicked parameter is transmitted to the big fader, making that fader vst automation transmitting/ receving, with allways the same parameter number, means the above described would be possible. What do you think?
I like the idea... For my education, do you know of a good example of a synth or DAW to look at that does this or use endless knobs?

Thanks,
Jonas

Ther are some concepts out there like Novations 'speeddial' on their midicontrollers or the Griffin Powermate. Both emulate mouse movements what is stupid and not really working.

The 'ai knob' on Steinbergs C 121 is exactly what does the job, but it's only for VST 3 Plugins... :?

I am working with Ableton Live and there I can map whatever vst parameters are transmitted from a plugin to a midicontroller. So if the big fader would transmit and receive ... :wink:

Hi Jonas,

yesterday I explored, that in Live the Push controller from Ableton can also do this. It's a great workflow. Clicking the mouse with one hand and with the other turning instantly the knob :love: :D :love:
It confirms that plugins should allways have this feature.

Cheers!

pitchit-8 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 am Hi Jonas,

yesterday I explored, that in Live the Push controller from Ableton can also do this. It's a great workflow. Clicking the mouse with one hand and with the other turning instantly the knob :love: :D :love:
It confirms that plugins should allways have this feature.

Cheers!
Can I purchase that v collection 9 from you?

My account seems to be too new to reply to the thread that you have in for sale.

Message me if it's still available.

Hi musiccisum,
the V-Collection is still available. Problem is that I can not send you a private message. We need a way to comunucate private. Any ideas?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
They have this license transfer service
https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ct-license (https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405741338642-How-to-resell-my-product-license)

How do you want to handle payment?

Return to “Audjoo”