(2013-08-06) New Helix Update (64bit, optimizations, more presets)

Official support for: audjoo.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Long time no see :)

This update includes some big improvements along with some more subtle fixes to issues some musicians with golden ears noticed:

* Proper support for 64bit hosts (VST&AU)
* Installer for Mac. Installs AU&VST. Universal Binary(32&64bit)
* On Windows separate dlls: audjoo_helix_32.dll & audjoo_helix_64.dll
* The shape-sliders do not cause drop-outs anymore (optimizations)
* The morphing sounds better with fast rhythmical morphs (think wobbles)
* Imported wave is pure with all sliders off (try import pure-sine)
* support "corrupt" wave-files (exported from wave-designer)
* nicer trial-mode-experience (support saving, nag screen comes up a bit later)

I dropped support for Power-PC Macs in this release (contact me if this is a problem).

Please download the new version from Here:
http://www.audjoo.com

Thanks,
Jonas

UPDATE!
I fixed some issues with Mac version. Now installs in system directory, and works for 32-bit hosts as well.
The new installer has the 2013-08-08 date.
Last edited by JonasNorberg on Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:38 am, edited 8 times in total.

:love:
Thanks Jonas!
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Awesome! :D

8) Downloaded the PC update, doubleclicking didn't seem to do much. Something was extracted, but it didn't seem to actually go anywhere and roughly half an hour later still no installer to be seen. Should I just open it as an archive and extract the .dll and the audjoo_helix_data folder into my old audjoo_helix folder and overwrite those files? Can it be done as simple as that?

Maybe noteworthy, the latest version is NFR according to the license:

(d) You are not allowed to resell, lend, rent, sublicense or in other ways transfer the license or Software.

Which, to be honest, makes me sad to see.

Awesome, thank you Jonas !

Yes! :wheee: :wheee: :wheee:

V-GER wrote:8) Downloaded the PC update, doubleclicking didn't seem to do much. Something was extracted, but it didn't seem to actually go anywhere and roughly half an hour later still no installer to be seen. Should I just open it as an archive and extract the .dll and the audjoo_helix_data folder into my old audjoo_helix folder and overwrite those files? Can it be done as simple as that?
Hi V-ger,

The download for windows is self-extracting, so double-clicking it should create a folder "audjoo_helix". Move this entire folder into your vst-folder.

Thanks!

What is the total amount of presets in the new Helix?

paterpeter wrote:Maybe noteworthy, the latest version is NFR according to the license:

(d) You are not allowed to resell, lend, rent, sublicense or in other ways transfer the license or Software.

i'm sad too, was about to buy it. thanx for the info.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
paterpeter wrote:Maybe noteworthy, the latest version is NFR according to the license:

Once you get it, you keep it ! Watch the market place...
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:
murnau wrote:

market place? you mean somebody sell it here while it's forbidden to resell? :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
stanlea wrote:
murnau wrote:

Exactly. That made no sense.

jsp1979 wrote:
murnau wrote:
stanlea wrote:
murnau wrote:

I guess he means that not too many people sell their copy of Helix.
Last edited by JonasNorberg on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonasNorberg wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:
murnau wrote:
stanlea wrote:
murnau wrote:

I guess he means that not too many people tr sell their copy of Helix.
thanx, that makes sense: now i understand the reply. :D

Return to “Audjoo”