Helix resaizable GUI !!

Official support for: audjoo.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i like too much the sound of helix but i know that the gui are so litlle to me .

why don't do a resaizable GUI like others (example "u-he ZEBRA" ) does?

this is dificult to implement or what appens ?

i like to touch every parameter of HELIX on my 30" touch screen tactil ,monitor :shock:

sfp wrote:i like too much the sound of helix but i know that the gui are so litlle to me .

why don't do a resaizable GUI like others (example "u-he ZEBRA" ) does?

this is dificult to implement or what appens ?

i like to touch every parameter of HELIX on my 30" touch screen tactil ,monitor :shock:
I'm afraid this won't happen anytime soon :(

JonasNorberg wrote:I'm afraid this won't happen anytime soon :(
What about making 2 or 3 dif sized gui's instead?
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

The GUI is made by another person. This involves manually mapping every parameter to a screen knob/slider/etc. An enormous task for a complex synth. This will have to be done all over again for each new size of the GUI.

This obviously would involve $$$ changing hands. If sales figures are not good -speculation!- (and one possible reason could be the GUI -speculation!-), then there's probably no budget for new GUIs -speculation again!-.

But it will be nice to know if any updates are down the pipeline. No news for a long time...

Just FYI... If you're on a mac, you can easily see the GUI in the "bundle"-file. It's one .PSD-file, all graphics are in there... if you're adventurous, try resizing it :)

I went on the Adventure but discovered a new Challenge. I resized the .psd document 200% and I replaced the Helix skin. However, the VST editor window in two different DAWs remained the same size, so I can now only see a fraction of the larger GUI through the window. I contacted the DAW developer who said the VST defines the size of its editor window. Only enlarging the Helix skin is not enough, I also need the command to change the window size.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

I can't even begin to tell you how sad I am right now.

I went to your site, listened to the amazing demos, downloaded and installed this, only to find that I can't see a darn thing other than to change the presets. Forget trying to program this thing. It is virtually impossible with the small size.

I was all ready to take out my wallet and purchase but I can't see doing that just to use presets.

Shame. This is an amazing sounding synth but until the GUI is made larger (obviously that's never going to happen) I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

Yes, a very sad day for me.

Michael L wrote:I went on the Adventure but discovered a new Challenge. I resized the .psd document 200% and I replaced the Helix skin. However, the VST editor window in two different DAWs remained the same size, so I can now only see a fraction of the larger GUI through the window. I contacted the DAW developer who said the VST defines the size of its editor window. Only enlarging the Helix skin is not enough, I also need the command to change the window size.
Did he tell you what it would take to do that, or if he might be persuaded to do it himself? If you've done the UI work and all that's needed is to change the width and height numbers in the code, that seems doable from his end without a lot of thrash.

Would definitely make it more salable, pretty likely enough to pay him back for the time it took to do it.

Agreed. I am happy to work with him at no cost (& did help test his new OSX installer). However, as you can see he did not reply to my post.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

It's a shame, I'm sure he's moved on to other things.

FWIW, I'm not lusting quite so much after Helix having played with Melda's MPowerSynth. It's not the same at all, but it has very imaginative oscillators that can do some of the sorts of waveform combining that Helix does. I've never seen a waveform-level step sequencer before, for example, and there's lots more. Very cool, many interesting sounds in there, and that's just the oscs. GUI isn't my favorite, though there's now a commercial skin for it that I like better than the factory ones, but the synth itself it pretty wild. Especially the oscillators. Did I say that already?

There's an Instrument Forum thread now on Wave Sequencing VSTs with other options (including the new Wusikstation8).
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Hmmm, if by wave sequencing you mean what I know as wavetable scanning, that's not what I mean MPowerSynth does. It has a step sequencer for the waveform itself, lets you set levels for different time slices of an individual waveform cycle. You can set smoothing on those transitions, and combine that waveform generation method with others in a lot of ways.

Again, it's not Helix, but there are some similarities in that sense, and it has way more capabilities than that. And it's current.

I haven't checked out the Melda yet, but buying Z3ta kind of soured my love on Helix. It just seemed to do everything Helix did, but better. That said, I think it sucks that the developer is incognito, I think with some regular upgrades Helix would have been a contenda. It had great sound and was pretty darn fun to program, at least for me!
Ha ha suck it!

i personally don't understand all this crying about the size of the GUI. helix is as large as most any virtual-synth you find...so sure it's parameter-dials might be a bit small, but for any one you select, you get the exploded-slider in the middle which you can dial-in more accurately than almost any synth out there. i'm glad it doesn't take up my entire screen...either of them.
i used to always push the envelope...until someone showed me a letter-opener.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1zHly4zwgI

Return to “Audjoo”