Logic 9.1.1 32Bit Bridge Crash

Official support for: audjoo.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Folks,

I sent a report to Jonas via the support email, but just wanted to see if Logic 64Bit users here are successfully using Helix with the Logic bridge? It crashes the bridge on both my Mac Pro and Macbook with the same crash report so I'm assuming it'll be the same for everyone else? Just wanted to check to be sure.

Cheers.

So, no 64BIt Logic users here then? No reply as of yet from Jonas either so I'm none the wiser. 32bit and bounce for now then. How is the support for this product? I got a swift reply when sending praises about Helix, but nothing back for support. On holiday perhaps.

Support non existent then, shame. Despite this synth being ok compared to the usual comparatives, I wonder how support is on the other side. It's funny how you get a reply when sending praises, but nothing when asking for support. Piss poor business.

DiScO197 wrote:Support non existent then, shame. Despite this synth being ok compared to the usual comparatives, I wonder how support is on the other side. It's funny how you get a reply when sending praises, but nothing when asking for support. Piss poor business.
Short answer: since Logic normally works fine my lazy guess would be there might be a problem in the 64-32bit bridge.

Looking at other forums many fine synths crash using the bridge.

Jonas

Thanks for getting back to me Jonas. Sorry about my apparent frustration in my last post. I have many synths that from time to time have crashed the bridge (some don't seem to at all), but they also load up and work in it as oppose to crashing it straight off. That is the frustration I have with Helix as it will not even load up in the bridge.

Cheers.

Yeah, here the same problem. I would go from Logic 7 to Logic 9 and want use the 64-Bit Modus. Open a song with Helix and Logic crashes ... no chance. But have we a chance to fix this problem ? An update ?

Greetings

My guess is it'll never happen. Although, I've been wrong before. Watch this space perhaps.

seriously? the dev is blaming apple for this??

this is brutal, i can't run all my stuff in 32bit mode or I run out of cpu power.

placebomessiah wrote:seriously? the dev is blaming apple for this?? this is brutal, i can't run all my stuff in 32bit mode or I run out of cpu power.
Not blaming anyone, just saying the 32bit bridge doesn't work with Helix (and some other Synths)

From this page: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3989

* While most 32-bit plug-ins should work with the 32-bit Audio Unit Bridge solution, not all plug-ins may be compatible.

Jonas

*may not be compatible due to sloppy coding. Everything I have works fine, most have switched to 64 Bit. The only one that does not work fine is your nightmare of a synth. Get with the program brother. These numbskulls that seem to support you (and have not actually purchased your product) think all is well! Let me say this again. Helix is an awesome sounding plugin, but unusable in 64 Bit mode. Boll**cks to you blaming Logic, everything else I own works fine. You are not interested in taking Helix forward, for whatever reason, fair enough. Either hand in your resignation or get this sorted. I look forward to your one liner reply.

I'll give you three lines :)

1. Helix doesn't work in Logic 64bit, it never did. It's too bad but it is a fact. I recommend anyone to test a plugin in your DAW before purchasing it.

2. I'm 90% sure I will not add support for it. Sorry about that, but It's not a valid time-investment for me at this time.
UPDATE! I did update Helix to 64bit!

3. You are free to sell your Helix-license (contact me with info on the buyer).

Thanks,
Jonas
Last edited by JonasNorberg on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, thanks for your 3 lines Jonas. Here are mine:

1 - Helix doesn't work in Logic 64 Bit because, Helix is not 64 Bit. It works fine in 32 Bit but not the bridge :) (I get that now)

2 - Your'e 90% sure you will not add support for it, but I'm 100% sure I would pay you to make it happen :)

3 - I don't want to sell my license. The day I went looking for a 'different sound', and came across Helix, was the day I parted with my cash. It took preference over others that, I have to say are getting more attention.

I'll add another..

4 - I have workarounds, and I apologise for my outbursts, but I'm not getting any younger and would like to keep things 'in the box' if possible.

I only get frustrated because if NI Reaktor (which I would consider to be pretty complex, perhaps I'm wrong?) can work in the bridge without issues then why can't Helix?

I'm no programmer, so what do I know.

90% is a pretty high figure. I've not looked into it much, but from what I can make out you've been working on Helix for a long time so I can appreciate you might be getting a bit tired of it.

I don't think I'm alone here, there are other people that would perhaps like to see this happen.

Perhaps you should make an official announcement. Times are changing and the DAW is not going backwards.

Sorry for being an arse, I thought I was buying into something solid.

All the best.

Hi Jonas,

Back here again to ask you if there is any chance of fixing whatever it is that crashes the Logic bridge. Having updated to 9.1.6, logic pops up a dialogue box saying something along the lines of contact the vendor for an updated version...

I can send you the crash report if you wish, although I don't think you'll be interested in the slightest. :(

Request to KVR to remove dead developers from the forum - Ta.

I should of perhaps said inactive...

Return to “Audjoo”