FR: Easy Absolute 0 preamp capability for OSC FILTERS

Official support for: audjoo.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've noticed that on Helix, borrowing an envelope generator to use flatline values at the maximal point (with attack and velo response set to 0/none) and mapping FILTx-GAIN to modmatrix, I could manage to go beyond the pre-programmed minimum limit of the gain and get a point where it becomes 0, and beyond would be essentially "inverse output."

Would this be possible at any stage, to have a more effortless implementation to have FILTER GAIN be adjusted to zero-point, so one can make use of the envelopes to adjust volumes as such? I find this is necessary especially for when creating a signal chain involving 2/3 PM OSCs. (ie: The minimal value of gain on the prior OSC isn't low enough to achieve a desired amount...)

Perhaps, fixing the FILT-MIX for OSC FILTERS to behave slightly differently, instead of "Wet/Dry"? Like, adjust the amount of prior signal VOLUME/AMP into the AM/RM/PM OSC? Just a thought.

eg: FILT-MIX at 0 = no passthru of prior signal; SINE only.
FILT-MIX at +127 = 100% AMP passthru of prior signal then modulated. (Currently acts this way at all values, Should be adjustable.)
FILT-MIX at +64 = 50% AMP passthru of prior signal then modulated. (NOT WET/DRY, HALF AMPLIFICATION.)
FILT-MIX at -127 = 100% AMP inverted passthru of prior signal then modulated.

I'm currently demoing Helix, and this is one of the few quirks I found in an otherwise incredibly powerful synth. My guess is the solution would be to extend the lower limit of the gain parameter to 0 rather than "0.125"?

Really, I got quite excited once I discovered Helix is capable of quite complex FM but the inconvenience due to this little flaw was a bit of a bummer...

Return to “Audjoo”