Movement K6 - Cubase 10.5 - Crash

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In Cubase 10.5 Movement K6 sometimes when I change a patch. Mostly it is OK.

It seems to crash when I go (less frequently) to patch "Movement K6 Presets\ Movement\ A System.nka" or (more frequently) away from it.

Takes Cubase down with it back to Desktop. ( I have a video demonstrating it, if you need it).. No error messages.

I have one other report of it crashing on a MAC. What OS are you on? My only Macbook is stuck on high Sierra, I’ll see if I can reproduce it. But, at the end of the day, as with all Kontakt crashes it’s down to NI to fix it, But it would be great to find out what creates it.

Do you have Kinetic from the group buy or AirWaves? It would be good to know if the behaviour is the same.

Astralp wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:18 pm I have one other report of it crashing on a MAC. What OS are you on? My only Macbook is stuck on high Sierra, I’ll see if I can reproduce it. But, at the end of the day, as with all Kontakt crashes it’s down to NI to fix it, But it would be great to find out what creates it.

Do you have Kinetic from the group buy or AirWaves? It would be good to know if the behaviour is the same.
To be clear about my crashes, it doesn't happen in a DAW, just loading into K6. No error message, just blips out.

I’ve provided a copy of Movement/Kinetic to one of the NI Kontakt Devs and directed him to this thread. So are Kinetic or AirWaves working fine? AirWaves and Movement are essentially identical apart from the Sample Content. Kinetic has more differences mainly with Wavetables vs WAVs, which may provide a clue to where the problem lies.

So far, Kinetic and Airwaves are working fine on Kontakt on my MBP. Will check on Windows.
Putting out fires with gasoline.
http://www.rojoynegro.org

That's puzzling, but perhaps a valuable clue

Kinetic and Airwaves works fine for me here in K6 on iMac i7 and macBook Pro i7

Astralp wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:18 pm I have one other report of it crashing on a MAC. What OS are you on? My only Macbook is stuck on high Sierra, I’ll see if I can reproduce it. But, at the end of the day, as with all Kontakt crashes it’s down to NI to fix it, But it would be great to find out what creates it.

I'm on Windows 10 pro.

I do have Kinetic and AirWaves. I don't recall having issues with it. I updated at the weekend, all the latest versions. (It would be nice, if they website, could say the date when something was released, so I can just look for the any date newer than my last download).

I'm out at rehearsals tonight until late, so will test tomorrow or Thursday (makes note to do this).

In stand alone Kontakt.

Tried Airwaves K6 and Kinetic, I cannot make them crash.

Tried the K5 Movement. That loads everything fine that I tried (even PAD A System.nka).

In Movement K6. I have managed to load every patch in the Movement presets except A System.nka, which crashes back to desktop. I tried a selection from the airwaves directory and the one in the new directory and they all worked. So it does just seem to be that one patch.

I think I've fixed it, I rebuilt the Instrument from the Airwaves version and it seems to be working for me. I was able to get it to crash loading presets on windows. Very strange! If you could try v1.01 and let me know how it goes. Failing that, I heard back from The NI Developer today saying this and the other crash have been verified and logged, which is great.

Awesome. Will test on my MacBook Pro. Haven’t had a chance to test on Windows.

Darn, Movement K6 1.01 still crashes on me here stand alone and in Bitwig. I even re-installed Kontakt 6.2.1 to make sure. Guess that means it's an NI fix.

I'm getting a crash of Movement K6 on opening - Mac Live 10.1.7. Aiwaves K6 opens ok though.

1.01 crashed in my MacBook Pro, I'm afraid.

Astralp wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:43 pm I think I've fixed it, I rebuilt the Instrument from the Airwaves version and it seems to be working for me. I was able to get it to crash loading presets on windows. Very strange! If you could try v1.01 and let me know how it goes. Failing that, I heard back from The NI Developer today saying this and the other crash have been verified and logged, which is great.
Thank you, I will try it this evening and let you know how I get on.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”