Chord Stepper - MIDI out setup examples

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

After 4 weeks of searching, I still have not been able to find any help in connecting the output of Chord Stepper to anything which produces sound within Logic - Kontakt.

Thank you for your tutorial for the other sequencers, but nothing I have tried makes any difference so far in Logic.

I am SO INTERESTED in learning and working with this MIDI generator sequencer, but it remains silent on my iMac - in Logic which is the DAW of choice for 53% of all OS X users.

If anyone can shed light on how to get Chord Stepper to work within Logic (maybe there's a special plug-in somewhere?) I would be VERY grateful.

Unfortunately Logic doesn't support Midi out from AU Plugins yet so there's nothing I can do about it. AU v3 now supports Midi Out though so I imagine it's on the cards in the future. Martin has found a workaround on the group Buy Thread though which may be worth a try:

"Hi,
I just figured out how to setup the MIDI sequencers with MAC LogicPro:
Use a standalone KONTAKT instance and route MIDI IN to IAC Bus 1 and MIDI OUT to IAC Bus 2
(both ports have to be installed by you in the Audio Midi Setup Utility Program).
Then it simply works to record the MIDI in Logic.
You can even route from KONTAKT to REAKTOR directly.
MAGIC!"

The other option is to use something like Patchwork, Metaplugin or Bidule which allows hosting multiple plugins and routing between them, I think I show metaplugin and bidule in action in the procession setup Video at the end. They are both great plugins outside of that for building experimental setups as well as a bonus.

Metaplugin
Plogue Bidule

here's the setup video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcKY7F2si-I

Skip to the end part for Bidule and Metaplugin

Freestyle from New Sonic Arts will do to.
BCA Patchwork is the one I personally use the most.

Thanks for the leads - I will do more experimenting with IAC busses and see if I can get some sounds into Logic that way...

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”